Chapter 1

He was beautiful. Blond hair reaching his jawline, the perfect shade of the shining sun, bringing warmth down on the humble earth. Irises of sapphire, its vibrant blue bringing shame upon the sea. His thin but well built frame was sculpted like marble, looking so delicate but strong, a work of art to be hidden behind velvet ropes.

He was perfect. A soft personality, reaching to the very tips of his fingers and toes, eyes softening with kindness. Wonderful humor, able to make someone crack a smile, even in their most darkest of days. Admirable bravery, sticking up for those who couldn't do so for themselves, acting as their crutch to help them cross the uneven path. She was in love with him.

They had met at the beginning of college, her being an art major, and him being a history major. Her jumbled and stressed mind easily misinterpreted every direction given to her, making it nearly impossible to reach her designated classroom. He kindly walked her to her class, offering her a kind smile fitting for a prince. He then walked off, his gait steady and almost graceful. This mysterious stranger instantly caught her eye.

After that day, she encountered him, again and again. They bonded instantly, their personalities mixing in perfectly. He made her smile every step of the way, cheering her up when she needed it, being there to support her, and she made sure to do the same. They hung out so much that people on campus started to believe that they were actually a couple. The thought made her blush. A couple? Of course she was attracted to him, but she never thought of being in a relationship with him. It didn't take long for her to realize, she was falling in love.

-

"Hey, can I tell you something?" Sabo rubbed the back of his neck sheepishly, a blush plastered on his cheeks.

"Yeah, of course!" Y/n nodded with a smile. "I hope it's nothing bad?" She raised a brow, her smile faltering slightly.

"No, no! Nothing bad...But..." Sabo blushed harder, making y/n's heart pound at how adorable he managed to look. "Could we maybe, talk somewhere more private?" He asked nervously. Y/n nodded slowly, her heart racing as Sabo took her hand, leading her to an empty classroom. Was this it? Was he going to admit he liked her back? She tried to push her hopes down, trying to convince herself that it probably wasn't about what she thought it was. But she couldn't help but silently hope.

"So, we're in private.." Y/n let out smoothly, noticing Sabo's nervous posture. "It's nothing bad, right? So you don't have to be so nervous." She placed a hand on his shoulder, giving him a firm pat. He nodded, taking a deep breath as he calmed down.

"Right. It's just, we've known each other for a while." Y/n nodded as Sabo continued. "But I-I've, never done this before." He stuttered out, the tips of his ears burning, his eyes never meeting y/n's.

"It's alright, just let it out!" Y/n gave him a smile, instantly making him feel better. With the way that things were going, y/n was having a harder time keeping those thoughts in the back of her mind.

"I think I'm in love with Koala in your class." He spoke quickly in one breath. "I mean, she's really cute, and sweet, and she just has this amazing smile, and god, her voice is so smooth and it's almost like a song-" He started to ramble, but y/n waved her hands in front of her, not believing what she was hearing.

"I-I'm sorry. Could you say that again? Slowly?" She managed to choke out, the shattered pieces of her heart cutting through her throat. It almost felt impossible to breath, let alone speak. Sabo sighed out, rubbing the back of his neck sheepishly as he realized he spoke much too fast.

"Sorry. I said that I'm in love with that girl Koala in your class. She's just, you know, my type." Sabo blushed, finally gaining the courage to meet y/n's eyes. The girl swallowed harshly, trying to keep down the tears.