"That's the Belt of Orion." She told him. "Legends say that he was a giant and a hunter that was turned into a constellation upon his death." Chopper let out a noise of awe.

"Do you know a lot about the stars, y/n-san?" Vivi questioned the goddess with a smile.

"Of course. They're like my brethren and my home." Y/n smiled back. "I hope that the night sky can be my grave and I can live among the stars in the afterlife, if I were to ever die and not rebirth..." Y/n's smile faltered. "Just like me, these stars have lived through so much, they've seen so many things as history passed...Sometimes, you can only wish to sink into the darkness for a while."

"Y/n-san..." Vivi trailed off. Y/n took a glance at the crew, noticing their concerned expressions. She turned her expression stoic, scoffing slightly.

"Don't look at me like that. I'm over 1000 years old, I can handle myself..." She huffed. The others sweatdropped at her sudden change of attitude, putting their focus back on whatever they were doing before, Luffy, Usopp, and Zoro stealing Chopper away from her for his warmth.

"So, 1000 years old?" Ace came and plopped himself down next to y/n.

"Yeah." Y/n answered simply. They sat there for a while in silence, Ace watching his brother and the others fighting over the food, y/n going back to gazing at the night sky. "Y'know, I was surprised." Y/n said suddenly, capturing Ace's attention.

"Hm?" He raised a brow. Y/n didn't stop looking at the sky as she continued.

"Luffy. At first, he really doesn't seem like such a reliable guy, nor does he seem like the kind of person you'd respect..." Y/n finally pulled her eyes away from the stars, turning her gaze towards Ace. "But when it comes down to it, he's strong and has good morals. It may not seem like it all the time, but his crew appreciates and respects him." Ace chuckled shortly and nodded, looking back at his now snoozing brother.

"Yeah, that's how he's always been. He's always been able to attract people towards him..." Ace trailed off as y/n scooted closer to him, leaning slightly against him. He began to smirk, but it instantly dropped as he caught y/n's glare.

"Don't get any wild ideas. They stole Chopper from me and I'm cold now. You're like a walking heater, so shut up and let me sleep." Y/n hugged herself, closing her eyes. Ace watched as her breathing slowed, her consciousness fading. He smiled slightly before drifting off to sleep himself.

-

"Hey! I found a shrimp!" Y/n groaned as she awoke from her slumber to the sound of Luffy's energetic voice. She then heard a startled gasp from Vivi.

"Stop, Luffy-san! Throw that away! That's a scorpion! They're small but extremely poisonous!" Luffy frowned.

"Oh, so it's not edible?" He pouted. He then smiled, walking over to y/n's form. She opened her eyes slightly, only to see a scorpion right next to her face. She shot up from her laying position, about to yell at Luffy, but all time stopped as her lips crashed into the rubber man's.

They both sat there for a while, silently staring into each others wide-open eyes, before y/n pushed Luffy away harshly, sending him flying.

"You bastard!" She yelled, wiping her lips furiously. The others snickered at the sight, Luffy sitting up slowly with a confused expression on. Before he could say anything, Chopper hopped on top of a rock, staying silent as his ears flicked and twitched, catching distant sounds.

"Something's coming!" He informed the group. Vivi squinted her eyes, looking into the horizon. She then gasped, turning towards the group.

"Everyone! Hide behind the rocks! It's a sandstorm!" She shouted, running behind one of the nearby rocks, the others following her lead. "I forgot to mention it, but sandstorms are one of the desert's dangers!" Vivi exclaimed over the raging winds as it hit them.