Chapter 12: Sports Festival! (PART 3)

Todoroki's POV

~Flashback~

'Todoroki, uhh, I'm sorry for lying,' she says, 'but I heard what you said, about your mom. I work at the hospital your mom's in. Would you like to meet her?'

'What?'

~~~

I was lost in thought while walking home, I had never thought of going to meet her. 'She works at the same hospital that my mom's in? Should I meet her?' I thought, 'But since she's asking whether I want to meet my mom or not, my mom's probably not mad at me'

That thought alone saved me. I felt accepted.

'If I'm going to go see my mom, I rather go with (L/n).' I thought.

I wanted to talk to her, to ask her about my mom but I felt like she was avoiding me. I didn't know why she was avoiding me, but I didn't want to approach her if she was avoiding me.

~End of Flashback~

Now I realize that she was afraid I was mad at her for making me remember my mom. 'Is she stupid?' I thought and smiled. 'She looks exactly like my mom, what does she think she looks like anyways?'

Bakugou and Tokoyami's match just finished, I have to go fight Bakugou now.

I need to go to the hospital to see my mom. As soon as (L/n) wakes up, I'm going to go see my mom with her. She's not awake yet, I hope she's awake by the time my match with Bakugou ends. 'I hope she comes to see me win the finals.' I think. 'Wait. No. Why do I want her to see my match with Bakugou?' I feel my cheeks get slightly warmer but I decide to ignore it.

"THE THIRD ROUND IS NOW OVER AND THE FINALS WILL START! TODOROKI AND BAKUGOU PLEASE REPORT TO THE FIELD." Present Mic yells.

I walk down the stairs and into the field.

"HALF AND HALF! I'M GOING TO BEAT YOU! I'M GOING TO BE FIRST!" Bakugou starts yelling.

I don't say anything and simply wait for Midnight to call the start of our match.

"3, 2, 1, GO!!!" she yells.

I surround my half of the field with ice so I don't get pushed out of bounds. My attacks are more long distance while Bakugou's are more close combat based. I shoot ice at him and bury him inside of ice, only for him to explode his way through the ice.

Our battle becomes a close combat battle and it continues for a while. He grabs my left side so that I can't freeze him and throws me. He tries it again and I instinctively burst my left side into flames. I realize what I'm doing in a second and just when I was about to pull back my flame, just when I was about to lose the finals to Bakugou, I heard (L/n)'s voice.

"TODOROKI! DON'T LOSE!" she yelled.

My left side burst back into flames just enough to get Bakugou to back up and then push him out of bounds with my ice block.

"TODOROKI HAS WON THE FINALS OF THE SPORTS FESTIVAL!" Midnight yells.

I run off the field and find (L/n) as fast as I can.

"(L/n)! Let's go!" I say and pull her.

"Wait! What about the awards?" she asks.

"Who cares about that? I won!" I respond and pull her.

"Where are we going?"

"To the hospital. To see my mom."

Her face goes through many expressions then ends in happiness. "Okay. Let's go!" she says.

We run to the hospital and knock on the door to Todoroki-san's room.

"Please come in," her soft voice says.

We carefully slide open the door.

"Don't you have school (Y/n)-chan--" she starts before gasping. "Shoto?"

(Y/n) POV

I quietly step out of the room and let the two of them talk. 'I'm so happy about so many things—Todoroki's not mad at me, he got first place for the sports festival, he grabbed my hand, and most importantly he's talking to Todoroki-san.' I think as I go to get a few drinks. 'He held my hand?!' I blush at the thought. I push my thoughts away and head back to the hospital room. 'Hmm... Todoroki and Todoroki-san, that's kind of confusing. I wonder if Todoroki would let me call him Shoto.'

I reach the room and I hear slight murmurs that I can't make out. I wait for them to stop talking before I knock on the door again. Todoroki opens the door for me and I slowly walk in.

"Sorry did I interrupt something?" I ask. "I brought a few drinks..."

"Shoto, can I talk to (Y/n)-chan alone for a bit?" Todoroki-san asks.

Todoroki nods and leaves the room.

"Um, Todoroki-san?" I start, "I know that you told me that you didn't want me to force Todoroki to come, but this was his own will, I'm pretty sure... I mean I'm sorry. I know you might have not wanted me to do anything unnecessary."

"(Y/n)-chan, calm down. I wanted to say thank you." Todoroki-san says."I know I said that I didn't want to necessarily meet him, but I actually wanted to meet him really bad. Thank you so much."

I start to cry. Todoroki-san hugs me. "Todoroki-san, I know you might think I'm annoying, but I've thought of you as my mom. I've never actually seen my parent, I'm always excited to see you."

"I'm glad you think of me like your mom, I've thought of you as my daughter." She responds. "If you have something you want to tell me, please don't hesitate to."

I look down at my right arm and put my left hand over it. The block of ice covering my arm from elbow to wrist that I hide with a long-sleeved shirt. "Thank you, but I'm completely fine right now, don't worry," I say.

I open the door for Todoroki and he walks back in.

"(L/n), I think we should head back to school," Todoroki says.

"That's true." I say, "We'll come to visit again!" I tell Todoroki-san

Todoroki nods and we head out of the hospital and start walking back to school.

"Oh, by the way, Todoroki, can I call you Shoto?" I ask.

"W-what? W-why?" he stutters.

"Um, because I call your mom Todoroki-san and it gets slightly confusing..."

"Oh I see... sure, why not?" he says.

"Really?"

He nods back. "We better hurry back to school, (Y/n)."

I smile. "Yup!"

(A/N Thank you so much for reading this chapter! I just wanted to apologize for the chapters being short. To make up for it, I'll update more chapters, more often. Again, thank you so much to anyone reading this fanfic and I hope to see you next chapter! PLUS ULTRA!!)