Chapter 1: First Day of School

Todoroki POV

I lost my mom at a young age, and it's been quite a while since I've seen her. At this moment, I can only faintly remember what she looks like. We don't have pictures of her in our place, and I haven't found any, no, I haven't tried to find any, I haven't tried to remember her. I was scared, just scared. I neither wished to see her or not to see her, I thought that the best thing to do for her is to completely deny my father and his power, but I was wrong.

(Y/n) POV

I have never met my parents. But I know they're alive, and I know they care about me-- well, to a certain extent that is. My aunt had raised me up until I was 13, but she was starting to become ill so I told her to rest in the hospital that I work part-time for. Now I live alone in my apartment, but my parents send me mail all the time whether it be money, clothes, food, school supplies and much more. I'm way too young to be working at a hospital, to begin with, but I specialize in talking to people whether it be toddlers, children, adults or elders, just to put a smile on their face in the midst of a hospital. First off, I hate hospitals. Let me rephrase that, I hate the atmosphere in a hospital. Doctors are always giving their best to help everyone, nurses make sure people feel okay, I try to make people smile, but nothing there seems bright. It's quiet, dimly lit, and gloomy. I'm always called a dark, gloomy, cold person, and I believe I am, but it's not like I like it. I'm just not energetic because it's too tiring to be and I only reply with a nod because I'm simply lazy. But I don't like a dark gloomy atmosphere. The hospital makes me cry. I work here every day and I'll cry at least once per day. People that smile at you before you go, and finding their bed empty the next day is a dreadful feeling that can suck your soul out. But through this whole hospital and many people in it, the one person that makes me sad just looking at her is Mrs. Todoroki. I love her so much, whether it's because she has the same quirk as me, or whether I hate to hear her backstory. Talking to her is always the peak of my day and the downhill. 

I open the door to her room.

"Good afternoon, Mrs. Todoroki," I say while entering the room and shutting the door behind me.

She turns around on her stool, "Oh, (Y/n), how have you been?" she asks with a warm smile. So warm, but so sad and lonely.

"What were you thinking about?" I ask carefully

"Haha, I was thinking about my son again, stupid of me isn't it, when I was the one who did such a thing to him..." she says, "Next term, he'll be in high school. Since it's him, and that man that's been abusing him, he'll probably get into UA with recommendations."

"Is he going to UA?" I ask

"Most likely," she replies, "Why?"

"I took the normal exam and I made it in, I'll be going to UA too," I say, "Would you like me to mention you, or bring him over if I do find him? I think I know who I'm looking for."

"If you want to find him, look for a scar covering his whole left eye," she says while turning away towards the window. I could tell she was crying, but she tried not to show it. "But if you could, (Y/n), I would rather you don't. I hope you can be friends with him and help him out because he's socially awkward after being trapped at our place for almost his whole life. He's never interacted with anyone else. But I don't want him to be thinking about me at such a big part of his school life."

"...okay," I say. "I hope I meet him and I look forward to it."

'Hmm, one more month until school, I think' I thought.

~About a Month later~

I walk to school at a slow steady pace with earphones in my ears. I accidentally got up too early, but I couldn't go back to sleep, so I got ready for my first day at UA and started walking to school. It was still sort of dark outside and really cold, though that didn't bother me when my quirk is to freeze everything. I get to school and walk into class 1-A. Of course no one' s there at this time of day, so I just put my bag down and decide to stand in front of the window while listening to music.

Todoroki POV

I didn't need my father nagging me about my first day of school, so I left home before he could find me and went off for school. I thought about how to use my ice quirk most effectively and a lot of other things while walking to school. And for the first time in a long while, I thought about my mother. I can barely remember her voice but I can't remember how she looks like. I kept that in mind while I open the door to a classroom which I thought would be empty, but I found a girl staring out the window. She turned around, her white hair softly shining through faint light and gray eyes that gave you a warm, fuzzy feeling, along with a hint of sadness and loneliness. 'Oh, now I remember. This is what my mom looked like.' I thought. Then, she spoke.

"W-why are you crying?" she asks

"What, tears?"

(A/N Hello! This is my second fanfic ever, and I hope this was an okay first chapter. If you have a chance, I hope you'll read my Kaminari x Reader. I love Todo-sama and I plan to write this fanfic when I have the time to. Now that school started, I will not be able to update every day, like before and updates may be irregular, still, I plan to update as often as school work will let me. One last thing, I'm sorry for cutting in but please please please, if you like this story or enjoy it even a bit, plz give me a vote in BNHA awards 2020! BnhaAwards. Any section for any one of my fanfics would be amazing. Thank you so much! I hope to see you next chapter! PLUS ULTRA!!)