Flowers 🌹

After School

Soobin walks up the steps and makes his way toward Kai who's sitting at a table outside the school.

He's holding an Bouquet of flowers in his hand. Soobin sits down next to him saying one simple thing. "Hi."

Kai gives him a look. "What are these for?' He says, pretending not to be interested. "For you." Soobin replies.

"What? For me? I don't want your flowers" Kai says bitterly, but in reality, his heart was fluttering. Even so, he tried to keep an intimidating front.

His heart desperately told him to accept the flowers but his brain told him otherwise.
"Kai, please take them. I got them for you."

Soobin was not giving up. He put the bouquet of Icelandic Poppys on the table. "No." Kai said stubbornly, his voice cracking.

He looked over at Soobin who was now tearing up. Kai felt an pang in his chest. He didn't want to see him crying.

"Are you.. Fine. I accept your flowers. Just please.. please stop crying." Hearing that, Soobin jumps up and wipes his tears with his sleeve. "Thank you, Kai!" He says, smiling brightly.

Kai felt his heart beat fast. "Wow. So bright, so beautiful.." He thought before quickly snapping out of it. Again.. calling Soobin cute? What's up with that?

"Kai, can I walk you home? As a friend?" "Kai pauses. "What? He wants to be friends? Even after all the bullying I put him through? Well, it could be nice making up with him."

Soobin extends his hand and Kai takes it, flowers in is other hand. Who knew that one simple walk would change everything between them? Fate always has a way.

....
Author's note:
Fact: Icelandic Poppy is Soobin's representative flower..