5. Performance 🌟

The interview ended and now they had to  perform "Nap of a Star." As they took their places on stage the music started and they began to sing their parts in perfect harmony.

Then comes Kai's part. As he sings, "I can touch, even if you're not in my sight, I reach, even if you go far away from me." It reaches Soobin's ears.

God, his voice is like an angel. Soobin takes a deep breath and sings his part next. "Even if it's just in your memories, my heart that is always dancing. Just like the past."

Then comes Soobin's and Kai's duet. "On a sunset evening, even in the night when the sky is dark, my heart is full of you" they both sang passionately, not even trying to hold back a smile.

Their hearts were full of each other. Thoughts of each other went through their minds adding to the emotion of the performance. They both found themselves tearing up.

After the performance, the others were talking about the performance back at the dorm. "Oh my God, that was so amazing!" Taehyun said excitedly. "We rocked it!" Yeonjun agreed and gave everyone a high five.

Soobin and Kai once again tried to avoid each other's subtle gazes. They can't avoid each other forever. They can run, but they can't hide.

"Want to react to it?" Bomgyu asked everyone. They all agreed and sat around the computer. Soobin decided to sit next to Kai despite feeling awkward.

   They started the video and were mesmerized by their voices. As Kai's part drew near, Soobin did a quick glance and looked away.

"Tch. This is stupid. I can't even talk to him. I need to clear this atmosphere and get us interacting again. I need to get him to at least talk to me." He thought. "The fans will definitely notice were acting differently if this goes on any longer."

As the duet part came, Soobin turned and poked Kai playfully earning a surprising hit and smile back from him.

  Soobin felt his heart flutter. He actually reacted back! Kai felt bold and gave him another playful hit on the arm and put his arm around Soobin.

  This was enough to finally get them to actually act normal around each other. They both felt in their heart that they needed to be close again. Just this one small moment.

TBC