16.

Nicole's head pounded. There was ringing and she could feel her pulse inside her head. She could taste iron in her mouth and feel it on her lips. Nicole tried to reach her hand up to cradle her head, but it was stunted.

   The blonde woman's head spun as she lifted up her head. Her blurry vision made out the ropes that bound her to a chair. "Shit."

   "Nikki, you awake?" a voice said from beside her. It shot through her head like a bullet, causing her to groan in pain.

   Nicole uttered out, "Yes." She looked up to the source of it. Her eyes met the brown of the one and only Glenn Rhee. "Heya, peach."

   "Oh, thank god. I thought you'd never wake up," he praised. "You all right?"

   Nicole shut her eyes for a moment. "Dunno. My head hurts," she muttered.

   "Isn't that expected when you get hit in the head with a gun?" he questioned.

  She opened her green eyes and tried to focus on her friend's face. It kept blurring in and out. "That's what happened?" Nicole asked as she put her head onto the back of the chair. "That sumbitch must've hit hard."

   Nicole shut her eyes again. "Nicole, stay awake." Glenn pleaded.

   "It's getting hard too," she uttered.

  "Hey! Someone get in here!" Glenn yelled. Nicole cringed as his voice went through her eyes.

   "Hush, child," she hissed out as her head pounded. The door into the room opened and two men walked in. Nicole kept her eyes shut, trying to cut the pulsating pain that was shooting through her head.

   "What're you yelling about?" one of the men asked.

   "My friend," Glenn's voice rang out, "I think she has a concussion."

   "Felipe, check her out," the same man said.

   Nicole could feel her restraints getting cut. Once they were, she groaned as she lifted up her head. She cradled it with her hands.

   The man, which she assumed to be Felipe, bent down in front of her. He looked at her and held up three fingers. "How many fingers am I holding up, amiga?"

  Nicole looked up. Her vision was blurry and still swirled a bit. "Uh, two?" she hesitantly answered. Felipe placed his hand on her leg and stood up. He walked out. "Glenn, what just happened?"

   "Nikki, he held up three fingers. Not two," He responded.

  "Shit," she uttered.

   Nicole looked up to the remaining man. Though her blurry vision she could see he was shorter in stature."If I cut you loose, don't attack, okay?" he said to Glenn. Glenn nodded and the man bent down and cut him free.

   "My name is Guillermo. People here call me G, though," he spoke as he leaned back against the desk.

  "I'm Glenn. She's Nicole." Glenn spoke up as he rubbed his wrists. 

   G smirked as he watched Nicole lean forward into her hands. "You put up one helluva fight. I'm sorry that my man knocked you out, though."

   "What'd I do again?" she questioned.

   G chuckled, "Bit the hell out of him. He needed stitches."

   "That explains the iron taste in my mouth," she complained as Felipe walked back in.