Chapter 25

Hoseok POV

Biting my lip nervously as I wait for Jimin and Tae to show up, I've got my hands stuck in my pockets with my head casted down low. I can hardly stand still right now, unbelievably nervous. I spent all day yesterday thinking and brewing, hating myself for not being able to bring myself to go visit Tae at any point. For not being able to stand up for myself against my father. Though, I don't know that I can stand up against him on my own. Even with Jimin's support, I don't know that it's enough to keep myself together enough to stand up against him. And, either way, it's not right to keep doing this to Tae. It's not fair to keep seemingly playing with him. I don't want him hating me and that's exactly where it's going to lead if I don't talk to him.

Seeing the two boys finally approaching the school, it only makes me that much more nervous. Biting my lip nervously, I try not to freak out too much as I watch them grow near, giving them a small smile.

"Hey, Hobi." Jimin greets quietly as they reach me. I can tell he still isn't too happy with me for yesterday, but he seems to be trying to get over it as he gives me a small smile as well.

"Hi, Jiminie. Hi, Tae." I greet softly in return, eyes glancing over to the younger boy. He bites his lip but gives a tiny smile, simply giving a small wave rather than verbally greeting me.

"Tae, can I talk to you alone for a bit, baby? I think there's a few things that I need to discuss with you." I ask shyly, rubbing the back of my neck nervously. He purses his lips silently, glancing over at Jimin before looking back to me and nodding silent. Biting my lip, I reach out and gently take his hand in mine, bringing him with me.

Neither of us say a word, him letting me bring him with me as we enter into the school. He doesn't bother questioning me thankfully, letting me lead him through the hallway and through the people. We get a good amount of curious looks, even a few glares from some people as we go by. I try to ignore them though, bringing Tae over to the rooftop entrance and leading him up there. I don't feel much calmer though when we're finally alone with the door shut behind us, worried for how this conversation is going to pan out.

"What's going on, Hobi?" Tae asks softly, his voice sounding fairly defeated as his head hangs quite a bit. I frown at the sight, reaching up to cup his cheeks gently and bringing his head up to look up at me. Thankfully, his eyes are free of tears, but I'm sure it won't be long before they're there. Silently, I lean down and press my lips to his, nearly instantly feeling his lips begin to tremble as he molds them against mine. I squeeze my eyes shut tightly, hoping with everything in me that this isn't going to turn out the way it did the first time, nervously moving my lips against his gently. Though, his motions seem fairly calm and under control as he responds to the kiss, moving his lips against mine in the most beautiful of ways. I don't let the kiss go on for too long though, just a fairly short one this time as I pull away gently.

As he looks back up at me, the sight breaks my heart as I gently begin brushing the tears off his cheeks. His eyes are already flickering between mine as he seems so unsure and scared and confused.

"I'm so sorry, baby. I'm so sorry, Tae. I didn't realize how you were gonna take my answer yesterday, baby. I adore you so much and you mean so much to me. I'm so sorry you got hurt out my lack of thinking, sweetheart." I whisper softly, pulling him into a tight hug. He immediately wraps his arms around my waist, holding me tightly as he nuzzles his head into my chest. I can feel him beginning to sob, and I just feel my heart break more and more, feeling terrible for how much pain I've clearly put him through.

"I'm so sorry, sweetheart. I'm so sorry, baby." I whisper over and over again, rubbing his back gently with one hand as I hold his head gently with the other. We just stay like this for a few minutes though, Tae seeming to have been much more broken over this than what I ever could've realized. I feel like a complete ass for what I've caused him, grateful to Jimin for him having kind of smacked me in the face with the truth yesterday, waking me up so that I can fix things with Tae now.