Medici/Meeting The Undead Cat

My head ringed a little, but that was to be expected since my initial battle. The area around me was of a quaint establishment, with fish wallpaper. Long since peeling off the walls. A light from a cracked window cued me on the morning.

With a little resistance from my sore body, I managed to trot over to the window sill, looking out to the outdoors. This was a swampy area, docks sprawled as makeshift sidewalks connecting various buildings. And I happened to be inside one of them.

My hand instinctively went to my head...Percival was still there, delightfully well this morning. Her presence was a welcome one, and my awakening was the living weapon's joy.

"Mornin'!" Turning I saw a cat-like woman pop up from the doorway. She was carrying a tray of fish. Hm. Weird breakfast, but this country does things differently. "Or should I say, afternoon?"

"Huh?"

"Yeah, you were out like a light for awhile. Somebody dropped you off, and left as Minette got you," She told me, putting the tray down onto a cabinet. "I'm Nadia. Got a name?"

"Erm...merci, Nadia. It's Aron Duval," I told her, looking over the meal. It seemed to be a filet alongside some rice and beans.

"Ooh, French accent! Must be pretty fancy compared to here,"

"Not really. My old home was a crowded apartment," I told her, taking a few select bites. Not bad honestly, but considering I survived on military rations, and my mother's terrible cooking, I have a commoner's palette.

I actually noticed something strange about the cat girl. Her limbs seemed to be stitched together at the seams. And the damage adds to the idea that this Nadia had met a gruesome encounter to receive so many.

"Eyes up here, frenchie~" She joked, myself apologizing a little. "Anyway. Welcome to Little Innsmouth Duval! Downstairs is a restaurant, so feel free to come down when you're ready; you got Minette to thank!"

"Sure. It'll be my pleasure mademoiselle," I told her, continuing to eat my meal.

Taking the tray from the cabinet, moving towards the bed for a comfortable seat, I thought back to earlier events. With each spoonful, a memory of that night flares up.

An experiment involving a kidnapped girl. One man's involvement in such an affair...and my attempt at ending it. Perhaps I was careless; the power I used could have killed me. But that wasn't the issue. Caroline.

She was out there somewhere. And it wasn't likely she was an asset Lab Zero would allow to let loose.

If only I knew about her more...perhaps I could help. Maybe Squigly is around? She's capable, as well as her parasite. Surely a search for a...I hate to say, but an abomination around the streets...is easy. Perhaps the cat would be of assistance? No, not yet. It'd be rude to thrust my problems onto her without a second thought. But maybe thanking Minette would be a first step.

***

"Eh...so you seem to be a fine little thing. I'd eat you up," To my horror, I noticed these people. One of them assaulted a schoolgirl not too long ago, and now this Minette was being hounded by his companion.

"Is there a problem here?" That was Nadia, serious in her tone. That didn't faze the miscreants at the table, who only made a slight jab at the poor Daegonian girl's expense.

"Nah, just taking a look at the menu..."

"Sir-" Minette attempted to pry herself off.

"I'd look somewhere else, buddy," Nadia told him. However, my hopes for them to simply relent, kill their pride...one of them was holding onto something on his side. A gun?