Chapter 17

Roxy's P.O.V.

I walked with Naomi and Shane in the hall. We just got to the school and Karma wanted us all to meet up later. 

"Roxy Angel please report to the main office." There was an announcement made on the intercom letting everyone in the school hear my name. 

"Oh girl did you do something wrong?" Naomi asked.

"Not that I know of.." I said. I didnt do anything wrong. Recently.

"Then why do they want you in the office?" Shane asked.

I shrugged it off and just walked away from them.  "I'll see you guys later."

"Okay if you run into Karma just tell her we're gonna be in the cafeteria." Naomi said.

I walked over to the office and went up to the main desk where there was that same lady that gave me my schedule. "Excuse me?" I said in a shy voice. 

"Are you Roxy Angel?" The lady asked. All I did was nod yes. "Are you okay with switching your elective?" I didnt really care what my classes where so I just nodded yes. "Okay because we have a new class open and we need to fill it with students."

"What's the class?" I asked. Please dont be some class with a hundred guys and one girl. I hated those classes. I always felt like I would get raped by like twenty guys when Im alone in a group with a lot of them.

"Its choir." She said while a paper was being printed. "Here is your new schedule. None of your classes were changed but that one class. Im just printing this out so you know what room its in when it comes time for that class. Oh and this change doesn't take action until Monday next week."

"Okay." I said taking the schedule from her. 

Then with that I walked out of the office and ran into Karma.

"Hey Roxy what are you doing in here?" She said hugging me. 

"I just got my schedule changed."

"What the hell. Why?" 

"I dont know they just said that there was a new class and they needed students to fill it in."

"Who's the teacher?" She asked.

I looked down at the paper and saw that it was someone named Kellin Quinn. What kind of a name was Kellin? I just handed her the paper so she could see it. I wasnt in the mood to really talk. 

"Are you okay?" She asked looking at me. 

"I'm fine." I tried to smile but it wouldnt come out. 

"Come here." She grabbed onto my hand and pulled me outside. "I may not have know you for that long but I know that line." Karma said pulling me around a hallway. There was a case of stairs. It wasnt large but just a few steps that lead outside. She plopped down on the stair and gestured for me to sit down. "Now whats wrong?"

I wanted to tell her but something inside told me not to. I didnt want to go around blurting all of my problems to her. I mean why would she care about my problems anyway. But she was right. I wasnt okay, and it made me smile that she actually cared enough to notice.

I sat there with her and just looked off into space before my heart just fell. "Thats hard to explain when there's nothing right."

The truth was that me and my boyfriend have been having problems. Hes in London while Im here and I had to leave him behind. I didnt even want to let go of him and I was close to running away with him but that didnt happen. I just missed him so much. We decided on doing a long distance relationship but it wasnt the same as having him there with me. I couldnt cuddle him. I couldnt hug him. He couldnt be there for me like he was before. Hell, I cant even kiss him now because hes so far away. Then there was the trust issue. He was having problems trusting me just for the fact that Im here in the Americas. There are so many new things and people and experiences. He already accused me of cheating and I havent even been here for a month. What kind of bull shit was that?

"I know how you feel. Sometimes I just want to get away from everything." Karma said. She was staring off by now probably having her own thoughts consuming her mind. "I want to live without anything holding me back."

"Yeah, I want that too. That was one of the reasons I decided on leaving London. I wanted a new start."

"But dont you have a boyfriend?" She asked. 

I nodded yes. "Mhmm and hes the only thing holding me back."

"Well, thats a hard one." She said. "But if you really love him than I think its worth it."

"Really?" I asked looking at her. 

She was looking back at me with a smile on her face. "Of course. Why would you want to be in a relationship if you're unhappy. If theres no love.. Than what do you have?" She turned away and looked down at her arms like she was in a deep thought. 

I couldnt help but thing she was right. What was the point of the relationship if you wernt happy? You would just be torturing yourself even longer by staying in the relationship. But I love him. I have for almost a year. We had so many memories, so many cute moments and sweet laughs. How could I let go of that? I could never forget any of that. 

"Do you love him?" She asked me taking me by surprise. I couldnt bring myself to say the words so I just nodded in responce. She looked at me and smiled trying to lighten the mood. "Than its worth it."

"You think?" I asked.

"Of course. If you really love him than I think anythings possible."

"But its so hard holding on."

"I know sweetie, but its one of the strugles of life. We have to undergo these hard times but they always get better. Its like a storm."

"How?"

"After every storm comes a rainbow, right?"

"Yeah." I smiled thinking. Was seeing him going to be my rainbow? I needed this storm to end quickly because it was killing me. "Thanks Karma." I said making her open her arms to me. I giggled before taking in her hug wrapping my arms around her shoulders. 

"Anytime dear." She said. "Oh! And guess what."

"What?"

"Remember VIc? The guy that came in during detention."

"The mexican?!"

"Yeah... I may be living with him now..."

"You. Did. What."

"Im l-i-v-i-n-g with him."

"WHAT?!"

It took me a minute to process what she was saying but before I really had a say she bolted up from the steps and ran out the door before i could talk to her about this. 

"Karma!" I screamed grabbing my stuff and running out the door after her. "Get back here we need to talk about this!" 

"Noooooooooo." She whined running off into the quad.