Chapter 80 Forgotten heroes

Start from the beginning

“They wanted to kill a lot of innocent people,” Hiro countered.

“But they could have asked someone else.”

“No,” Daro said soflty, “they couldn’t. He was in the perfect position. He was in the ANBU and he was an Uchiha. There was no one else.”

“You wouldn’t understand, Casey,” Hiro said kindly, “you are not a shinobi.”

“We can’t tell anyone,” Daro said. He looked at his friends, “if sensei didn’t say anything to anyone, then there must be a reason.”

“What reason?” Casey asked.

“It doesn’t matter,” Daro answered, “shinobi receive secret missions all the time. If this one is still secret, then we have to respect it. We swore to sensei we’d always have her back. We can’t tell anyone.”

“Agreed,” his teammates nodded.

Daro looked at Casey. “Case?”

Casey bit her lip. She didn’t know a lot about being a shinobi, but if it was important to Daro then she would agree, even if she felt a pang of jealousy about his loyalty to Taryn. She nodded. “I promise.”

***

“We’re leaving already?” Naruto complained.

“The Exams are over, Naruto,” Sai offered his friend a careful smile.

“That doesn’t mean we can’t stay a little longer,” Naruto grinned, “an extended vacation.”

“The five day trip home will be vacation enough,” Kakashi said.

Naruto pulled a face. “You’re no fun.” Suddenly he lifted his head. “Wait! Did Gaara leave yet?”

“Yes,” Kakashi said, “he left an hour ago.”

“Ah man, I wanted to tell him to say hi to Sasuke for me.”

“I’m sure he understands,” Kakashi assured him. He had spoken to Gaara for a long time the previous night. There were arrangements to be made and he had needed some advise.
He looked at Naruto and Sai. They didn’t know yet. He’d have to speak with them when they had returned to Konoha. And he needed to speak with his council too, but he didn’t forsee much of a problem. He needed a few more weeks.

A smile formed on his lips.

Just a few more weeks.

“Come,” he said, “let’s go home.”

***