Chapter 80 Forgotten heroes

Start from the beginning

Suddenly Ichiru turned around and hugged Sasuke.
Taryn could see the shock on Sasuke’s face and she smiled. Carrying the last items for breakfast to the table, she sat down across from them. “Eat up,” she said, “I have to be at the Academy by eight thirty.”

“No you don’t,” Sasuke said.

“Excuse me?”

“I’m taking over your lesson,” Sasuke said calmly, “I cleared it with Motou-san yesterday. She cleared it with Kuro’s mother.”

Taryn blinked. “When did you see Kodan’s mother?”

“Yesterday,” Sasuke said, “we… talked.” He paused. “You need some time off.”

“Sas…”

“Just listen to someone for once,” he cut her off.

Taryn gritted her teeth. “Thank you,” she barked.

Ichiru looked between the two. He realized that this was how they usually communicated. He wondered now if that had anything to do with his father’s death as well.

“It must have been very hard for her to forgive Sasuke…”

 “I want to go with you,” he said soflty.

Both Taryn and Sasuke looked at him. “Hm?”

Ichiru looked at his mother. “I wanna go with uncle Sasuke to the Academy.” He put on a serious face. “I wanna be a ninja like my dad.”

***

“You think it’s true?” Hiro asked soflty. He looked at his teammates. The three of them and Casey were sitting at the kitchen table in Kuro’s house.

“She wouldn’t lie to Ichiru,” Daro said, “and it would explain a lot, why she wanted to save Sasuke.” He stared at his hands. He remembered the conversation he had with Taryn about Itachi years ago.

“He promised he’d tell me one day.”

 “I believe it,” he said.

“Gaara-sama might know,” Kuro mused.

His friends looked at him surprised.

“Kakashi-sama too,” Kuro continued, “think about it. Why else would they so easily agree to offer Sasuke refugee in Suna?”

“Well, if that’s true,” Hiro said, “they would never tell us. It was a top-secret mission after all.”

“It’s so awful,” Casey whispered. There were tears in her eyes. “Asking someone to kill his own family.”