"Hey, hey! That's enough!" A distorted voice suddenly muttered, scratching off something on his paper, "That's enough. It didn't work...we'll try again later."

You just stood there... I whimpered quietly to myself, and watched me get pummeled by this man. And rather than protect me you wish to try again, as if my pain and my flesh spoiled here means nothing...

"The event's tomorrow night, sir," the monster above me grunted, slowly beginning to pull the electric stick away after noticing steam drifting from my hide, "We still have millions of other noises to examine, w-we still don't know which one will work."

"It'll work," the scientist grunted, looking down at me, "It better. After the event showcase, we can test further. Find something rudimentarily acceptable that will do the trick. I already implanted the plasma from Blue's blood yesterday, so it should start working its magic."

I let out a painful wheeze, shuddering from the aftershocks of electricity in my body and turned toward the man, who's back faced me. And that was a mistake he should've never made.

Perfect...

"Yeah, yeah," The man grunted, giving Wu the gun, "Seems like it's trying to reject it more and more- GAH!" He let out a terrified shriek as my jaws suddenly sank into half of his thick calf, splitting the skin from the real flesh, and digging into his arteries. Henry Wu stumbled backward with shock, gun still in hand, and watched with interest at my brutal display. 

"No, no! Henry! Henry help, please!"

I jerked the man onto his chest, hearing his pathetic screams fill the night, and tore into his soft skin. His own blood was fatty and disgusting, but I didn't care much about the taste, I care about the suffering. My jaws found his love handles and I ripped backward, causing a horrific bend of his muscles and exposing a strange gap that revealed his inners. I continued to drag him back into the darkness, hearing his pleading cries echo the cage walls as he struggled against me. But I didn't expect that he'd fight back.

His hands found the handle of something metallic at his hip, and in a matter of seconds, I was held at gunpoint. There was nothing more I could do, other than drop his limb to the ground and watch him pull the trigger.

"NO!" 

Wu suddenly screamed, slamming into the cage walls, but by then it was too late. The gun jerked with a loud bang, violently rocking my body. A second one hit my underbelly, forcing me to squeal in agony. But the third one wasn't from his gun, nor was it as painful as the first or second. The third shot was silent, thin, and colorful, finding the perfect shot at hitting my neck. 

The world went foggy, and once more I collapsed, now a bloody weakened pulp on the ground. My eyes were barely open, my breathing now slowed, and stared out from the ground as Wu helped the man to his feet, carrying him outside through a trail of red. His eyes turned to me, eying my broken figure on the ground and for a moment I expected fear or anger.

But he just smiled. 

A sinister, dark, and cruel smile as if suddenly pleased with my action. 

"Save that energy for the real audience old friend," Wu rasped. He raised his dart gun again, moving closer to the cage and fired.

BANG!

I awoke with a heavy flinch, failing to make any sound. But through the darkness of the previous vision, I was met with no sense of relief. The sky was pitch black, lifeless and dull, like that of the cage that trapped me. The world was etched in charcoal, the once vibrant hues of the plants were no more than a vivid dream. And the ground was cold as if the earth had died alongside me.