The Memory

"Kill it."

The man twisted a strange black knob upon the side of the new weapon, causing a red laser to point straight at the pink hide of a lone benevolent pig across from me. I blinked unsurely, sniffing the strangely enticing lump of prey, but the more I stared the more guilty I began to feel. 

Did I have to kill it? I thought to myself, I already ate a handful of discarded bones and carrion, including an entire slab of meat. Was this necessary? 

Nevertheless, humanity couldn't understand my pleads or voices of concern. All they wanted was progress, 'successful' progress, and by any means available they'll fight to gather it. It was like milking a dry cow, and just as to me they were striving for the same result. The man, oblivious of my confusion, soon lifted his finger toward a bulged red button and pressed hard.

I heard a twisted noise, like nails on a chalkboard. The sound was disgusting and painful, but as much as I wanted to turn away from it I was forced to listen. I didn't have ears like humans, or flaps to cover them up. This was the torture I had to face on this particular day.

"C'mon, kill it!"

The noise fired again and I growled even louder, shaking my head with refusal. Both claws sank deep into the cold metallic earth below and my poor teeth shuddered and squeezed tight. All of this felt unnatural, yet all I could do to avoid following through was wince, whimper, and watch my poor body get wrecked by the rippling effects of the noise. And yet, I was somehow strong enough to resist its hold...somehow...

"Kill it you bloody bastard!" The human snarled, moving toward me with the noise gun at his side while my tail curled in with worry, "Now!"

The pig looked at me once more, his eyes looking somber and his face was filled with fear. He knew I had to kill him, just to show Wu that his invention worked, while in truth it didn't. The noise did hurt my eardrums, but it had no control over me and my decisions this time. I hissed with a retorted snarl, scrambling away from the scene and took a defensive stance into the corner. The man above me turned to me, dropping the gun and pulled out a metallic stick.

"Bad choice..."

It was ironic to see the pig sigh in relief, though I began to whimper even louder, much like a dog would in the shadow of his owner. There was nowhere to go, nowhere to hide, nothing to do but accept my fate as the man lumbered forward, hatred sealed within his irises. I tried to retaliate, jerking forward with wide jaws to try and kill the man, but had I moved just a bit closer perhaps his plump meaty calf would've become my third lunch of the day.

"AH! You Mother-"

I was met by a sharp boot to the chin. My jaws slammed shut hard, and even a few pieces of teeth shattered from that sudden jerk. Terrible pain found its way to my maw, and my drool began to turn dark red as it splattered upon the floor. I gasped slightly in the shock of it, stumbling backward as the human lifted his foot back and swung.

I struck the wall hard. A blast of crimson from the violent slam coated the stone walls with blood, now reeking of my smell as my mind screamed with horror. I groaned, swaying from the siding of the rocks and not long after surrendered to gravity, collapsing to the floor with a sickening thud. 

Giving me no time to absorb the excruciating wound I just sustained, a glowing hum came afoot behind me, before stabbing at my exposed flank. It was more than just a tingle that ran underneath my skin, much more than a simple jolt too. No, it was as though someone had attached a live wire to each one of my nerves and turned the power on to its maximum level. And just as so my body convulsed as the most vicious electrical current pulsated through me. I opened my jaw in a silent scream, my tail and limbs thrashing wildly on the ground, tears in my eyes as my vision began to blur. My claws dug into the ground, dragging backward and cracking at the seams as crimson ooze found its way to the surface.