part 12 (save the baby)

*18.july 2023.*

/MAYA/

Today was the day we get to see the baby on an ultrasound. We were so anxious. After the apointment we plan to tell our families.

We got ready and left to see the doctor. We walked in the room. He told me to lay on the bed and pull up my shirt.

-"So this is your second doctors visit?" He asked...
-"Yeah. 8 weeks today" I said...
-"Ok. Look at the monitor. There is the baby. Heart beat is good. Everything looks fine" she said...
-"so there is nothing to worry about?" I asked...
-"Well your placenta walls look a bit thiner then they should be. So don't lift anything heavy, no stress, no raw fish or spicy foods. Take it easy" she said...

We walked out the hospital with a picture. We headed straight to my parents house.

We walked inside. Molly was playing with her dolls, mom was cooking and Shawn was watching TV.

-"Hi everyone" I said...
-"Hello darling" mom said...
-"Maya" Molly screamed and ran up to me...

I was reaching down to pick her up when Josh looked at me.

-"Come to me. I will give you a back ride" Josh said and lifted Molly off the ground...

I took my shoes off and walked to the kitchen.

-"Mom, we need to talk to you" I said...
-"Is something wrong?" She asked...
-"No. We just have some news" I said and sat down at the table...

She called Shawn, Molly and Josh to the kitchen. Josh sat next to me.

-"So mom, Shawn" I started...

I suddenly got nervous. I knew that Shawn would be disapointed that we moved so fast.

-"I am pregnant" I said and took Joshs hand in mine...
-"Are you serious?" Shawn asked...
-"Yes" I said...
-"How far along are you?" Mom asked...
-"8 weeks today" I say...
-"So this isn't a honeymoon baby?" She asked...
-"No"

It's silent.

-"what about school?" Shawn asks...
-"I will take the academic year and then I will continue studying" I said...
-"I don't get it. Why do you have to rush in to things?" He said and looked at me...
-"It isn't a planned baby" I said...
-"So you don't know how to use a condom?" He asked and looked at Josh...
-"Shawn" mom starts but he gets up and leaves...

The tears start to form in my eyes. I look down and let them fall.

-"Hey Maya, you can't stress, remember what the doctor told us" Josh said and put his arm on my back...
-"Why? What did the doctor say?" Mom asked...
-"My placenta walls are thiner then they should be so there are risks" i said and wipped away the tears...

I looked at mom.

-"I'm sorry I disappointed you" I said...
-"Maya. You didn't. Everything is gonna be ok. And Shawn will stop being mad and he will come to the terms with it" Mom said and hugged me...
-"Thank you mommy" I said...
-"I'm gonna be a grandma" she said and chuckled...

We sat at the table and talked for a little bit more. It was time for us to leave. Shawn didn't say goodbye. We got in the car and I started to cry.

-" I knew he would get upset. I just.." I started but tears were filling my mouth so I couldn't talk...
-"Maya breath. No stress" Josh said...

We got home. I walked inside first. I quickly undressed myself and got in the shower. My head was full of toughts. My heart was pounding and tears were falling to the ground. I got out the shower. Josh was already under the covers. I snuggled up to him and fell asleep.

It was 2AM whem I woke up with pain. I got up to go to tolet. But when I lifted the blanket O saw blood all over the bed.

-"Josh" I said but he wasn't getting up...

-"JOSH" I creamed as another strong pain hit me...
-"Huh? What?" He askes still sleepy...
-"Get up. We need to go to hospital" I said...
-"what?" He was up...

I changed my clothes and we got in the car. I was in a lot of pain. Josh put his hand on my leg. We got to the hospital. Josh ran inside for a wheelchair and to tell doctors that we are coming. As soon as we got in they took me and left Josh in the waitong room.

/JOSH/

I watched as they rushed her in. I sat down on the chair and staryed crying. I was praying that everything would be ok. I took my phone and called Shawn.

-"Hey Shawn" I said...
-"Josh haw you look at the clock?" He asked sleepy...
-"Yeah. Um you should wake Katy up and you should get to the hospital" I said and started crying again...
-"Why?" He asked...
-"Maya started bleeding and I don't know what's wrong" I said...
-"We will be there soon" he said...

I put my phone in my pocked and my head in my hands. Few minutes later Shawn and Katy rushed in the hospital.

-"Where is she? Where is my baby?" Katy asked...
-"I don't know. They haven't told me anything" I said and looked at her...
-"Please God. I beg of you. Let her and the baby be ok" Katy said and started crying...

At this point we were all just crying. I texted Riley. Few minutes later her and Lucas came too.

It was 4AM when the doctor walked out.

-"Maya Hart?" He said...
-"Um yes we are her family" Josh said and got up...
-"She is out of the surgery. And in the recovery room" he said...
-"And th-the baby?" I asked nervous...
-"I'm sorry, the baby was too small and she had lost a lot of blood" He said and put his hands on my shoulder as my head fel down...
-"When can I see her?" I asked...
-"You can go now. She just is still sleeping. Would you like me to tell her about the baby?" Doctor asked and looked at me...
-"No, thank you, I will do it myselfe" I said and lifted my head...