The lesson you taught yourself

"Dewey get down!"Huey said "You're going to get hurt!" The boys were running around at recess and for some reason Dewey thought it was a good idea to climb on the top of the school. Dewey took a bet from a kid that said he couldn't do something, Dewey was going to prove him wrong.

Dewey climbed on top of the tree, climbed on a window and on top of the roof. Huey and Louie were nervous for him. They eagerly watched as Dewey attempted to walk on the roof when suddenly he lost balance and fell off the roof. Huey, Louie and the rest of the school ran to him. Dewey didn't cry but his leg was facing the wrong direction. "Dewey are you ok?"Huey asked.

Dewey was not ok, he was in a lot of pain and wanted to cry but he stayed strong in attempt to look cool. He bit his tongue and fought the urge to cry or break down. "Huey I think we need to a hospital"Dewey said. Louie ran to the teacher and she called an ambulance then called Donald.

When Donald got the phone call he panicked, he rushed to his car and drove to the hospital. Turned out to be just a broken leg but still. Donald walked into the room Dewey was in and hugged him "Dewey thank heavens you're alright"He said. Dewey hugged Donald and awaited what he'd say next. "You could've seriously hurt yourself, what were you thinking?!"Donald asked.

Dewey looked down and sighed "I'm sorry"He said.

"Sorry isn't going to fix anything Dewey, you go too far"Donald said "What if something serious happened to you?, Dewey of all the stupid things you've done this one takes the cake!"He said.

"Uncle Donald?"Dewey got his uncles attention, Donald looked at his nephew who was on the verge of tears "I know you're mad but can we please discuss my punishment later?"He asked. Donald looked at Dewey and sighed, he could plainly see that Dewey was scared, he's been through alot today. Donald hugged his nephew tight.

"Uncle Donald, I tried being brave but is it ok if I cry?"He asked.

"Of course it is Dewey" Donald said as he held Dewey tighter.