Ch. 6 Welcome to the family, kid

Ch. 6

Sam laughed,

"I like this one" he said turning to head towards the Tower.

Ekaterina let the men walk ahead of her, staying behind with Natasha.

Natasha was happy for the company, but she knew what lay in store for them. Ekaterina would be questioned mercilessly and she couldn't protect her from it. So she gave a warning instead,

"Hey, Ekaterina" She said quietly, gaining the girl's attention.

"When we get inside" she motioned to the Tower,
"They are going to question you. They going to ask you in great detail about your time in the Red Room"

The girl stared at her. Ekaterina didn't want to talk to a stranger about her past.

"Without you and him?" She asked motioning to Bucky who was walking ahead of them.

"Yes" She said and the girl's eyes looked panicked. Searching the street for an escape.

Natasha saw this and stopped, putting both hands on the girl's small shoulders.

"We will be right outside, listening. I won't let anything happen to you. If I even sense something is wrong I will stop them, ok?" She said, her green eyes staring into the girl's brown ones.

The girl nodded and pushed a curl out of her face,

«Хорошо» (alright) was all she said as they continued their walk.

Inside the Tower, four agents were there to guide them to the interrogation room.

Bucky said goodbye to Sam and Steve and went with Natasha.

The walk to the interrogation room was silent, Ekaterina walked in the middle of Natasha and Bucky and she felt safe for the first time in her life. She felt like she could trust them but she would need more time.

The agents held open the door for her to enter. Ekaterina looked back at her two heroes who stood side by side. Natasha gave her weak smile and Bucky only nodded and with that she headed inside.

The agents were about to step inside when Natasha caught one of their arms and whispered,

"If anything happens to her, you all will answer to me personally" she threatened in a low voice. Behind her Bucky crossed his arms, face void of any emotion and nodded.

The agent's eyes widened in horror as he looked between the two ex-assassins, frantically nodding that everything would be fine.

Natasha released him and he scurried inside shutting the door.

Bucky let out a laugh.

"What?" Natasha asked as she went to stand next to him.

"You care for her don't you?" He asked

"Of course. How could I not? She needs our help."

He nodded,

"I'm glad we're on the same page"

Natasha was about to respond when the window cleared, revealing Ekaterina sitting at a metal table across from the agent Natasha had threatened.

She kept her face emotionless but she looked very out of place in her dance leotard and tights. Her blonde curly hair was a mess around her shoulders but she kept her brown eyes trained on the agent in front of her.

"Alright. Let's begin" the agent said flipping through a file, a pen in hand.

"State your full name"