"Your lip is bleeding... I suppose you bit it dumbass—with those teeth, I'm surprised you didn't take your lips off entirely" he rolled his eyes, and Alastor patted his lip with the napkin.

Indeed, it was bleeding. "Thanks." he roughly said, taking the water and gulping it down.

It was the most refreshing thing he'd had in a while. The coolness soothing his sore, scratchy throat and washing away the pain. Finishing it in about 6 seconds, he looked back down to see husk glaring at him once more.

"When was the last time you drank water?" he spat, grabbing the glass and refilling it halfway.

Alastor took it gratefully, downing the thing once more. "A while. It's been a long two weeks, as I said." he gruffly responded, pushing the glass to the side.

A long two weeks indeed

...
6:06
...
"I don't understand, she should be here" Alastor mumbled to himself, picking at the chipped countertop. Husk pushed his hand away with an angered noise.

"Stop, she's only 7 minutes lat. Calm down" he said, rubbing the bags under his eyes. He nodded at the bartender, a worried look crossing his face for the fifteenth time.

Then, finally, the door swung open and a nervous figure padded in. Alastors head whipped around, following her every move with an intent stare.

She sat down with what seemed like the grace of an angel, pulling back her hair and cupping her face with her hands.

"(Y/N)" he stated.

"Alastor." She sighed, looking him in the eyes, a tidal wave of emotions dwelling inside them.

"what was the note about?" he asked—might as well get to the point, right?

"Oh, yes... I was...seeking closure," she said hesitantly while searching her surroundings for something anxiously. He looked around as well "You ok? We don't have to talk if you don't want to." he put lightly, analyzing her face.

"No, this is ok. This will be a good thing..." she tilted her head to the side, breaking his steady gaze.

She looked so stressed out, the circles under her eyes and bit nails said it all.
"No, are you ok? You look so..." anxious? disheveled? guilty? "tired" he settled, studying her nervous demeanor. She gave him a perplexed stare, shaking her head.

He doubtfully nodded, scratching at the back of his neck. Somethings not right.

giving Alastor a weak smile, (Y/N) turned to husk, who's been watching both of them with an amused stare. "Two....apple martinis" she cocked her head and gave him a grin.

"I see my impeccable taste has stuck then, love?" he said slyly. She wrinkled her nose, dryly laughing. " I guess so?"

is this what we are now? Awkward bar banter and shy glances?

a stab of disappointment ran through him, the smile now becoming forced. She cleared her throat, leaning back slightly. "About...the night I had the dream." his ears pricked, and he gave her an intent stare, one that said: are you sure you want to talk about this?
She seemingly knew what he was trying to convey, because she nodded back.

He took the hint."I actually have a question—what did you see?" he asked nervously, watching (Y/N) play with the knotted strands her hair, a nervous habit he'd picked up on. She then shuddered at the question, and Alastor immediately felt more guilt deep into his heart.

Shaking it off, he waited for her to regain her composure and hopefully tell him what happened.

"Basically what you did to my body, but through my own eyes..." He winced, looking away. "Yeah, I know" she finished, somewhat in a bitter tone.

"I don't know if I've said this to you directly, (Y/N), but I offer my deepest apologies on the matter." he paused, planning out his next sentence. "Listen-- I know it must have been truly traumatizing, and I can say that I was—to put it lightly—obsessed, maniacal, apathetic, completely insane...but, that was the old, human me. It sounds cliche to every extent, but really...I've changed." he sighed, running a gloved hand through his hair.

"You used to know that."

the surprised look on her face was everything he needed to know.

"I know, psychopathic me was somehow changed by none other than you. Miss (Y/N) (L/N), you truly changed me. It would seem for the better, although its all gone to waste now." he looked away, discouraged. Would anything change what he did? Seemingly not. "I'd give my all to get you back" he mumbled under his breath, a shy look crossing his face.

Feeing a hand on his own, he looked up to see her giving him a half smile that made his cold, frozen heart melt and fill with hope.

God, this woman.

"It means a lot. Thanks, Alastor," she whispered, settling her hand on his.

"Don't go crying on me now" he teased, rubbing his thumb along the top of her hand slowly. "I've missed this," he said ruefully. (Y/N)s smile fell, and she took her hand away quickly. The loss of heat was a blatant reminder of what he had lost.

Damnit.

he thought he heard a faint "me too" from the girl...it was probably just an illusion.

Wouldnt be the first time.

"Anyways, here's our drinks," he said after an air of awkward tension settled atop the pair. Giving husk his pristine smile, he watched as (Y/N) suddenly tensed up, fiddling with her pocket.

"You don't have to drink it (Y/N)" He assured, cocking an eyebrow curiously.

She shook her head, wiping away her nervous demeanor and replacing it with a calmer, much more pleasant one. Of course, Alastor noticed this of course (it was hard not to notice your own tricks).

Then, it happened.

(Y/N) completely dropped her glass on the floor, shattering the thing into little bits that went everywhere. He gave her a skeptical look, watching the shards gleam dully in the light. She cringed, motioning for everyone in the bar to go back to what they were doing.

"I'm so sorry Alastor...i've legit been such a clumsy wreck today, earlier I dropped a glass on the sidewalk too." she apologized, a more than guilty look on her face as she went to get up.

Shooing her away, Alastor hopped from his seat with a crunch, grabbing the nearest dust broom hastily. Did this mean he would have to buy another drink? Probably.

"No problem love, but you best stay on the seat so you don't hurt your feet." he chuckled, giving her a playful wink while bending down to sweep up the mess.

...

Thank god that worked, good thing I fell for a gentleman.

Keyword being "fell"
past tense.
get your head in the game (Y/N).

Right.

You sighed, watching him clean up the broken glass swiftly. Disposing it in the trash, he turned to you and called Husk for another martini.

"where were we?"

"Awkward first date." You suppler, winking at him while tilting your head to the side playfully. He coughed, clearing his throat with a slight blush.

"Ahem, yes."

...

i stg if none of y'all have watched the Umbrella Academy, i'll throw hands. KLAUS MY BABY.

also, i'm thinking about writing this stuff: Gorrilaz 2D x reader.
Camp Camp Max x Reader
Umbrella Academy - Klaus hurt/comfort :,) i'll cri
and a Hazbin Hotel request oneshots :)