Crying Korean Ghost

This happened to me while I lived in Korea right before I moved to America. I don't know if you ever heard of Keeshins. That's Korean for, well, I guess for ghosts. They look like the Ring girl, all in white, long black hair and really pale faces. Oh yeah and usually they are women. Just thought I'd let you know. Well here is my experience.

One night while I was studying in my room I felt very tired and couldn't continue studying. Thinking that some rest would help, I turned in for the night.

My room had everything, a computer, TV, VCR (back in the day), everything, but back to the story. I was so tired that I thought I'd fall asleep the instant I crashed into bed. Oddly I became very restless. I experienced some type of vertigo and felt a little sick to my stomach. Thinking that I had caught the flu or a bad cold I turned off all the lights and the TV and tried to sleep.

Lying there in the dark didn't help my sleep at all. I started feeling cold and scared for some reason. Then, from a distance, I heard a girl crying. I was chilled to the bone. I didn't want to move and my eyes were wide open. The crying continued for about 3-5 minutes. Too scared to move or say anything, I just listened to the crying when suddenly the crying halted with a shrieking scream.

Now the only way I could explain the scream is kind of weird. It was loud enough for me to hear it but it seemed like anyone else could. What happened next is the chilling part. I have to explain the setup of my room a little bit. The TV and VCR stand was at the end of my bed with some space in between for walking. As I laid there frozen by fear I could only look straight forward with my eyes wide open. I was afraid to blink.

All I could see was the 12:00 on my VCR blinking because I never set the time for it. Then, all of a sudden, a few seconds after I heard the scream, the 12:00 that I was looking at disappeared for what felt like hours but was probably about 5 minutes or so. The only thing that registered in my mind was either the VCR was broken or someone/something was standing in front of it. I couldn't see anything because it was pitch black in my room but the 12:00 had disappeared. So scared I shut my eyes and started praying. When I opened my eyes there was the 12:00 blinking like normal.

I had stayed up all night, too scared to sleep. When the sun came up I found no evidence of anything being in my room or malfunctions of the VCR connections. After only living in that first floor apartment for about a month my family decided to move to America. We were having a lot of money problems and wanted to come to the land of opportunity to see where it could take us. Not until we had moved out did my mom tell me that she hated that apartment and got bad feelings from it.

I then proceeded to tell my mom what happened that night. She didn't act too shocked from it and proceeded to tell me that the only reason they got that apartment was because of the price. My parents knew that we were moving to America months prior and just needed a cheap place to stay for about a month. The apartment was dirt cheap cause a girl that had lived in an apartment way directly above us had committed suicide from the stress of getting into college. She had landed right by my bedroom window.

I am now 29 years of age. I still cannot sleep with out some type of light on. Usually the light source being my tv or computer. I know, it's silly that a grown man needs some type of night light but the experience has never left me the same.