59. The Mikealson ball? Where do I begin...

Start from the beginning

- It was their mother Esther who was sealed in that coffin, informs, the brunette as she cleans a bit her house.

- As in the Original Witch? questions, dad, sounding confused. I quickly look up from my phone, frowning lightly before looking back at the screen.

- What? How is she even alive? Thought her hybrid freak show of a son ripped her heart out a thousand years ago, asks and tells, Uncle Damon, talking as confused as my father did.

- I don't know. I'm guessing she has a couple connections in the witching community. Elijah said that she wants to live in peace with her family, including Klaus, explains, Elena as she looks alternately between my father and uncle. I sigh and put my phone in my pocket.

- She was supposed to be the weapon to help us kill Klaus, says, dad as he looks at his brother and then I.

- Well, not anymore... at least not according to Elijah, replies seriously, the brunette.

- That coffin was the only thing stopping Klaus from tearing us to shreds, reminds, my father, pacing around the kitchen as he sounds annoyed and upset about it.

- Anyone else feeling a little used right now? questions, Damon.

- Look, Elijah promised me that his family wouldn't hurt any of us, tells, Elena when her doorbell rings. The brothers and I look at the front hall with a confused frown before looking back at Jeremy's sister. I believe him, she finishes by saying before walking around the kitchen counter to go open the door. I sigh again before looking outside by the window. I stare at the leaves lightly moving because of the faint wind when I feel a hand passing in my hair. I remove the hand immediately and stand up.

- Don't. I'm not in the mood and I'm not ready to deal with you two, yet, I whisper to my father first and then talk to both brothers.

- Look, Gillian. We're sorry for letting you a bit on the side, but you have to stop pushing us back when we try to be nice or just try to be a bit with you, responds, Uncle Damon, whispering as well. His voice didn't sound sad or mad. It was surprisingly calm.

- That's not by caressing my hair that I'll feel less alone, I reply, staring alternately between them.

- I'm trying, Gillian, I really am, tells me, my father, weakly shrugging and shaking his head. He sounded so sincere...

- I'm sorry to tell you this like that, dad, but I'll need more than just a simple touch or a hug or a kiss or any simple things, to feel better with you two, I answer, still talking in a whisper. My father nods before looking down. I look at Damon who faintly nods before turning around to look at Elena who is still at the front door. I look at her and see her picking something up. Both brothers exit the kitchen to go to the front hall where the brunette is. I follow them, my arms crossed over my chest.

- What is it? questions, Damon as he sees the two envelopes in her hands.

- I don't know. There's one for Gillian as well, she answers, frowning confused as she holds the letter to me. I frown confused before taking the letter from her hands and open it, just like her. It's an invitation, she says as the two brothers look over my shoulders at what is written on the card. "Please join the Mikaelson Family, this evening at seven o'clock. For dancing, cocktails and celebration.", I look up confused, the brunette and I exchanging a glance.

- Who the hell are the Mikaelsons? questions, dad. I roll my eyes, annoyed as I look up at him.

- The Original Family, dad, I reply like it was obvious. Dad looks down at me before nodding.