Chapter Twenty Three

A couple of weeks later and after a very subdued Valentine’s Day which neither Remus or Shannon had ever celebrated before, the school was gearing up for another big Quidditch match. The Gryffindors had been practicing hard since start of term, Oliver dragging them out to practice no matter what the weather and Madam Hooch watching carefully from her spot in the stands to be sure Harry was safe. The good news was that Harry had his Firebolt back so all of Gryffindor house was guaranteeing a win; spirits were high and Shannon had also been able to relax back into a normal routine, enjoying her time with Remus.

                Friday night, just after dark, there was a quick knock at her door which turned out to be the man she loved; a pleasant surprise considering it was usually Severus knocking on the door at night. They’d had a rushed breakfast because once again the Full Moon was approaching and Remus was finding it difficult to get up early in the morning. When Shannon had offered to go get breakfast and bring it to his room instead, he refused by saying she already did too much for him.

                “I’ve come to ask a favour love” he said quietly, leaning on her doorframe, hair falling in his eyes and glancing furtively over his shoulder to be sure the halls were empty.

                “Of course” she answered curiously “anything. Did you want to come in?” she held the door wide standing in her nightshirt.

                “I would very much yes but I’m not going to” he grinned rakishly. He planned to be in her room very early in the morning and to do things to not only satisfy his wolf side but maybe even exhaust it. He couldn’t waste energy now, even if she was entirely too tempting.

                “Tomorrow as you know is the full moon and it is also the Gryffindor, Ravenclaw match. I’d like to go to watch Harry…but Quidditch doesn’t have a set finish time.” He paused and checked the hall again, “it would be dangerous for me to go alone and risk losing track of time. I wondered if you might…accompany me and keep an eye on things; get me back to the castle before dark if the game goes on long.”

                “Is that all? That’s not even a little bit difficult or unsavory. Geez, acting like this was some huge deal, had me worried for nothing.” Shannon smiled at him teasingly. It was a show of complete trust, she knew there weren’t many he would ask this of and she was pleased with the request.

                “Don’t tease me” he crossed his arms defensively even while smiling brightly. “So that’s a yes then? You’ll give up a day off to get dressed and sit in a crowd of screaming kids, through any weather? Just to be sure I get back in on time?”

                “Now you must be teasing me because I can’t think of another good reason you’d ask so many stupid questions.” Smirking back at him she crossed her arms to match his pose.

                “You’re trouble” his voice dropped and he leaned towards her. When all she did was beam back at him, he looked around the hall once more and finding it empty, reached out to pull her close. He pressed his lips to hers feeling the immediate reaction through his body, the heady knowledge she was his alone and she wanted him as much as he wanted her. As his arms wrapped tightly around her back lifting her off the ground, she wrapped her arms around his neck purring her contentment and desire.

                “Oy, get a room you two” a deep accented voice broke the spell and they jumped away from one another in panic, smoothing their clothing and hair; Shannon ducking back behind her door. Oliver and the Gryffindor team were heading up the main entrance staircase, wet with sweat and dragging their feet in exhaustion. The students laughed as cat calls and whistles rained down on their favourite professor.