12

(((TRIGGER WARNING)))

"They what?" Dean snapped. He looked from Crowley, to Piper, then back to Crowley. "What do you mean they want her dead??? Why do they want her dead what is this??" Crowley shook his head.

"If I knew i'd tell you. I'm not getting any information... from anybody! just-" Dean cut him off by grabbing his collar and bringing him close to his face.

"You're lying."

"Do you really think i'd put my own niece, my own flesh and blood, in any kind of danger??" He pulled away from Deans grip. "I'm telling you the truth." He said through gritted teeth. Dean put his fist up to his mouth and swallowed hard. "Dean. I would tell you. You know I'm not one to lie. Especially about my niece." Sams mouth twitched. He eyed Crowley.

"Is there anything we can do? Anything we can do to stop this??" He asked. Crowley shrugged.

"Listen, Moose. You know everything I know. All I can say, is you need to keep her safe." He walked towards his niece. "Although the amount of power you posses is stronger than that of a normal demon, you'll have to get stronger, until then, just lay low." Piper nodded. "I've got to run. Stay safe, Piper." And with that, he disappeared. Dean stomped off into the kitchen. Sam started to follow him but Piper stopped him.

"Stay here. I'll go check on him." Sam

stared at her for a moment. He finally nodded and backed up. She walked through the kitchen doors and saw Dean. He had his hands on the counter and was leaning over slowly shaking his head every few seconds. When the kitchen door shut he put his head up.

"Sam, I don't want to talk right now." He said standing up straight, his back still turned towards Piper.

"Thats great because, it's me, not Sam." Dean slowly turned around. The usual hard look on his face turned to fear and sadness. As Piper walked towards him she could see his eyes were glossy with tears. She hugged him and he tightly wrapped his arms around her. The pain caused by the hug was horrible but bearable. "Stop it, Dean." She stepped back. "I don't want you worrying about me."

"How can I not worry about you, Piper? Huh?" He said, through gritted teeth, almost immediately after she finished her sentence. "Dammit I already lost you once. It was unbearable. The pain I felt. I cant loose you again." She stepped forward.

"You never lost me." She shook her head. "I was never gone." She easily moved his face so that he was looking at her. "Look I know you were scared. Everyone was. I WAS! I was terrified. You know why I was terrified? Because I couldn't bear never seeing you again. I couldn't bear leaving you and Sam because when I really care about someone, I don't want them to half to be alone for a second. So ya. I was just as scared as you were." They stood there staring at each other for a moment. "I'm going to be fine. It's okay."

"No.. no Piper! You don't know what its like! What its like to loose someone you really care about. What its like to loose someone knowing you could've prevented it. You just don't get! You just-" He stopped himself when he saw her face. Her mouth was slightly opened, shocked. Her eyes overflowing with tears. Chest quickly heaving in and out. "Oh my God.. Piper I'm so sorry.."

"I don't know what it's like???? Are you kidding me?? Both of my parents. Not just one so that the other could help me grieve. But BOTH of them. And I could have stopped it. And the best part is that then I had to stay with my aunt and uncle who verbally abused me on a daily basis. And you're going to stand there and tell me I don't get it???" She turned around, sobbing into her hands. Dean rushed up to her and tried giving her a hug but she only shook her head. "No. Just leave me alone for a while." She marched out the kitchen door, passed Sam, and ran up the stairs to Deans room where she shut the door and sat on the bed. It wasn't often that she broke down about what happened with her parents. But this time the tears wouldn't stop. The pain didn't go away. All the memories were pounding in her head like the finale of a fireworks show, all exploding at once, giving her a headache. Her phone was going off like crazy. Lydia and Cas were both calling and texting her. She didn't have the energy to answer them. That was the worst and best thing about having angelic best friends.. They know when you're not okay. Then it dawned on her. Something that always helped when she was younger. "I need to go on a walk." She said to herself. But she didn't want to go downstairs. She didn't want to talk to Sam and dean because, knowing both of them, they wouldn't let her go with out an explanation. She quickly walked over to the window, looking down, she saw it was a very far drop. Way to far. She shrugged and opened the window. She swung one leg out and sat on the windowsill, looking down at the ground. Then, looking up at the sky, she sat there and just thought about stuff. She stared at the countless starts in the sky and thought about her parents. She thought about how different her life would be if they hadn't have been been killed. The endless wonder came to her mind, that being, could she really have prevented it? She wanted nothing more to see her mommy and daddy again. She could really use there help right now. They were so easy to talk to. Especially her daddy. She was probably the biggest daddys girl ever. She thought back to all the times they spent together. All her favorite moments with not just her dad but her mom too. Her first trip to the zoo. She remembered riding a llama. She remembered her dad teaching her how to ride a bike.