six | real life

People flooded out of the plane in a muddled hurry, while loved ones waited anxiously outside of the doors. Slowly, as Emerson managed to fight and tackle her way through the crowd of vicious, equally as tired passengers, she finally saw the two transparent doors at the end of the pathway off the plane. She inhaled sharply, twisting her fingers in fearful anticipation of seeing Brie again. Why, she thought, a newfound disquiet flooding her veins, must I always put myself in these situations — I could've just asked Sebastian.

But before Emerson had a chance to battle her way back onto the plane in a frantic run, she was already being hurdled out of the doors by the ever-moving crowd, and tumbling into the waiting area. Surrounded by passengers and their loved ones, she hoped that she might be able to sneak away behind another person and simply say she couldn't see Brie. She ducked for a moment, foolishly trying to hide behind someone, when a hand tapped her shoulder.

'Shit,' Emerson mumbled, before forcing a smile and turning around.

'Hey, Em,' Brie stood behind her, and the Emerson forced a smile while rubbing her elbow nervously as she stood up straight. 'You weren't trying to hide from me, right?'

'What? No...,' Emerson chuckled guilty, unconvincingly protesting. 'W-Why would I do that?'

'Right, of course!' Brie smiled, her beauty radiating effortlessly, while Emerson felt as if she were a dumpster in comparison. Maybe it was the plane trip. 'So, get your bag and then... dinner?'

'Dinner,' Emerson reconfirmed, letting out a breathy laugh before Brie began walking away from the terminal and towards the baggage claim.

'So how have you been?' Brie inquired, her attempt at small-talk seemingly obvious to Emerson. But the brunette went along with it, nodding and sighing, running a hand through her hair.

'Stressful, this entire month has been Marvel telling me that we're doing another Shadowcat movie... and then we're not... and then we are. The success of Captain Marvel — which was brilliant by the way — has put a lot of people on edge. They want more female-centric movies, but then they fear nothing will live up to the hype and success of Captain Marvel and just... wow. It's been a real whirlwind, I'm just happy to be back filming Avengers. It's all simple, and I miss everyone.' Emerson rambled as they both stepped onto the escalator.

'I'm happy to be filming Avengers too. I haven't seen Chris Evans since Scott Pilgrim vs the World, nor Scarlett and I'm excited. Besides, I've never been apart of a franchise this big and popular with such dedicated fans, and I'm happy people have easily accepted me apart of it. Everyone's been lovely.' Brie responded, and Emerson smiled at her.

'Yes, everyone's really nice. But don't tell Sebastian Stan or Anthony Mackie that you like Tom Holland — they'll loose their shit!' Emerson responded, and Brie let out a laugh.

'I'll make sure of it.' She joked, before silence quickly engulfed them both. 'I like this, it's just like old times.'

'Yeah, old times.' Emerson sighed, and Brie quickly realised the weight of what she had just said.

'I didn't mean—,'

'No, no. I know what you meant.'

'Still on for dinner?' Brie inquired, and Emerson nodded wordlessly before grabbing her bag off of the baggage claim carousel. 'Great.'