three | phone call

PHONE CALL
( between brie & emerson )

RING . . .

RING . . .

RING . . .

RING -

'SHIT ! '

'Um, hello? Emerson, is that you?'

'Maybe... Hey Brie!'

'Um... Hi? Why are you calling?'

'Well you followed me on Instagram, and I thought that was a peace-offering of sorts, so I thought I'd follow you up on that.'

'Oh, right. Yeah. Look, I wanted to talk about that - I know stuff has happened between us in the past, and yeah, it was mostly good (some bad), but I wanted to say that you were my best friend at a point; the only person I could talk too. So that obviously means we aren't that different, and didn't always hate each other. Maybe, maybe if we tried being friends on set, we might be able to make this whole process smoother; and whenever we think we hate each other, we just remind ourselves of when we were friends; when things were... easy. '

'Yeah, I like that Brie. I would love to be civil ... maybe friends? If we tried? Look I know the whole ex's-being-friends thing usually doesn't work out; but it worked in How I Met Your Mother, so why can't it work with us? We can be friends, easy, and you're- you're great to be around... so yeah, it'll be easy for me. I do, however, pity you very much.'

'I don't know why you'd pity me, I'd get to be friends with the sweetest and prettiest girl alive.'

'...'
'You're right, I am. I pity me after all, you suck.'

'Haha, wow okay. I don't care though, I know you love me... deep deep down.'

'Yeah... I never stopped.'

BEEP.