Chapter 5. Splatfest Fail

Rewrite 03/5/23

Lance woke up with Cora jumping on his bed side, scaring him while he fell off the bed. "Cora!?" Lance snapped a little at the disturbance of his sleep.
"Come on! I got a special call from Marie about Off the Hook's splatfest announcement!" Cora shouted at Lance, picking him up by one arm dragging him out of his room. He rubbed his eyes trying to wake up, while struggling to get up. As he was getting dragged by his senior.
"Alright I'm up. But what is a splatfest-?" He yawned asking while sitting next to Cora leaning on the small table floor.
"Splatfest is when two sides fight each other to win, and it ask a question like. You'd you rather, and yea so on. It's just really fun to get together! Besides it could give you a better impression on ignorant inklings." Cora explained while changing the channels.
"Off the Hook is coming Live!" Cora shouted with excitement, Lance looked at the count down and back her. Seeing her so excited was adorable, even making him smile by her own excitement. 5......4........3......2......1! The intro was starting.

Pearl-"Hey Hey Hey!!! It's Inkopoils news coming at you live from Inkopoils Square!"
Marina-"And we got some news for you!"
Pearl- "Well Marina would you like to announce it?"
Marina-"Oh Pearl! That's so kind!"
Marina-"Well we have a new octoling joining us!! Her name is Phoneix! Let's all give this new octoling a fresh new start!"
    Pearl-"Thanks so much for saying that Marina! I'm sure everyone will be warm welcoming!"
      Marina-"Well we got more exciting news Pearl!!"
      Pearl-"Oh yes! WERE HAVING ANOTHER SPLATFEST!!" Cora started to jump up in the air, and started to cheer! Lance looked at her with a smile towards her reaction. "I've never seen you so happy before." Lance said out of the blue, catching the inklings attention as she looked at him.
"Oh yeah. Sorry about that, see when I was fourteen that's when I found the Squidbeak Splatoon and became Agent 3. I'd always work and work and never really got the chance to experience more of these. I'd mostly just work." She gave a quick explanation while looking back at the T.V.
"Guess that makes both of us." Lance frowned upon the sad truth, that both were taken away from a happy and experiencing life unlike others. Gifted with that.

Pearl-"Anndd the theme of this Splatfest is......"
       Marina-"What's the theme! Come one hurry up Pearl!"
     Pearl-"The theme is........"
Theme of Knights and Wizard

   Pearl-"It's Knights and Wizards!!"  Pearl-"I pick Knights because just gimme a sword and lemme slice dudes!"   Marina-"I'll pick Wizard they have scholars and the masters of the arcane!" Cora turned to Lance and gave him a big hug, He hugged he...

  Pearl-"I pick Knights because just gimme a sword and lemme slice dudes!"
   Marina-"I'll pick Wizard they have scholars and the masters of the arcane!" Cora turned to Lance and gave him a big hug, He hugged her back while looking down at how happy she was.
   "I can't wait for Splatfest! This will be your first one! I pick Team Knights, like Pearl said just give me a sword and boom!" She told him, Lance looked  away for a second and turned back at Cora.
   "W-Well I was going to pick Team Wizards, because I can be any element I want! It sounds fun to do magic." He rubbed his head with embarrassment, Cora looked at him and smiled.
  "Well I guess will have to see who wins!" She smirked flicking the octo's nose. They both walked out of the apartment, and headed for Inkopoils Square waiting by the train station for their ride.

...

"I guess they started setting up Splatfest." Cora said pointing up at Deco Tower. While walking around they saw the octoling Marina mentioned on the news. The female octoling looked around and didn't know where to start, with that somewhat familiar gear on. Lance ran up to her with sunny aura roaming around him.
"Hey there Phoenix! I'm Lance, it's always nice to see another octoling around here. Hope you enjoy your stay." He held out his hand towards her, as Cora was right beside him with a smile.
"Nice to meet you!" She smiled back and shook hands with Lance, a bit nervous with her first interaction.
"They both showed her around Inkopoils Square, as a random inkling waved at Lance and Cora introduced herself to Phoneix.
"I'm Samantha! Wanna grab a bite to eat? I'll give you all the tips you need around here!" She asked with kindness, offering a hand to her ready to drag her around. Both the girls went off to Crusty Sean's Food Truck, leaving the two smiling at the situation.
"At least there are some inkling that are kind." Cora whispered to Lance. It burned a bright hope for him, as it did when he saw the light for the first time. Of course, of what he could remember so far.

...
"Lance! Wake up now!" Cora shouted, her voice was in distress when hearing her. It sent him off in a quick alarm rushing out of the bed.
"What's wrong?!" He tan out quickly swinging his door open, as the small T.V. Showcased a big red screen.
"Splatfest is cancelled?!"