Chapter 9

YG Vs JYP Pre- Evaluation

The day before vacation...

"Before I let you 9 go I shall imform you about your next mission. You will battle against YG." A series of oh's came out of everyone from the announcement. "Any questions? No? Okay, You guys are free to go."

We gathered in the practice room taking a seat on the floor. "This next mission is put into sections. Vocal, Dance, Free battle, and solo. We don't have much time, we really don't have much time. We have to quickly prepare to the max. Of course fancy things are good but, I think we should comfortably do our best." Chan paused thinking about how to put his words. "Firstly since our team consist mostly of boys, Y/n I'm afraid you won't be able to do a part in the vocal team," I nodded waving him off with a smile, "It's understandable."
"As for Woojin, Seungmin, Jeongin and Jisung along with myself we will be doing the vocal battle." "Seungmin says his throat condition isn't too good, so I'm worried whether he can do it or not." We sat in place as they discussed what artist song they we're going to perform in the end choosing, BlackPink- As If It's Your Last.
"Alright, now Y/n, are you okay with performing for the solo battle?" Chan looked in my direction for conformation. "Yeah, I already have a song in mind actually." "Good good, you and I will practice first tomorrow. What do you have in mind?" "JUNNY- Patience, I love the flow, it's just a nice song in general. He's also a newcomer in the music industry. Or I could do 3RACHA- Broken Compass, to show my rapping and singing." Chan smiled nodding at my choices.

(I highly recommend JUNNY if you are looking for a new artist to listen to. To me he gives Dean and Crush vibes. I put a video of the song in the media feel free to check it out.)

The vocal team left to another room while the dance line and the rest of us stayed in the practice room coming up with moves for the dance battle.
"Y/n, Changbin and Jisung," Chan called out to us we followed him to a different room. "Okay as I said before there are sections in this mission. And we will be doing the free battle as 3RACHA." "But you guys are part of that why am I here?" " You're apart of this trio just as much as we are." "We're doing Matryoshka." I pulled up their song as they got into position and warmed up.

Present day...

JYP informed Chan that he will be evaluating our performances, so that meant we had to practice even harder.
"Okay everyone!" Chan clapped his hands gaining our attention. "As we know, we will be evaluated by JYP very soon. So we're going go over our performances beforehand. Y/n your up first."
I moved to the center taking a deep breath,

"You know that I'm never letting go, I can see your smile on the world, yeah, I'll be fine~"

The boys started cheering as I smiled loving their reactions. Without knowing I was getting too into the song, eventually making way towards Hyunjin grabbing his hand dancing off beat with the song. Laughing and overall just having fun, finishing my performance I earned positive reviews back and also was told to act more serious for JYP.
——Pre- Evaluation ——no ones POV
The group bowed as JYP walked in the room taking a seat behind the table staff brought in. He motioned for them to sit up against the wall.
"Are you guys excited for this mission?" Loud yes' were heard from the Idol trainees followed by another question, "Did all of you prepare well?" Once again yes' went around the room. "Let's get straight to it, solo performance first." Y/n stood up as her members clapped for her.

Y/n's POV
"So, what song have you chosen for this battle?" He asked ready to write it down. "I chose JUNNY- Patience. A newcomer in the music industry with a smooth rhythm and soothing vocals." I finished my introduction earning a nod of approval. "You may start when you are ready."
I took a deep breath nodding signaling to start the song.

•••

"The song is nice, I really like it. Your vocals are really good too. But your facial expressions didn't change much, you need to feel the emotions from the lyrics, and your body movements seemed stiff, relax don't be tense. Overall good job." I thanked JYP honestly grateful for not have a too bad comment. "Okay next, Vocal team..."

We finished our evaluation with a few changes in some of the teams. Chan being taken out of the rapping battle, and Jeongin excluded from the vocal battle. "It seem like we have a high chance in winning." JYP praised our performance, before leaving he exchanged words to some of the staff. The nine of us were release by producers to go home.
———————————————————————
We got home since it was still early we just hung out a little together in the living room, going over a few things for the next day. Slowly one by one everyone left to go to their rooms, me being first because I could hear my pillow calling my name.
I held my head in pain being the idiot I am hitting forehead first on the bunk above me. "Son of a bit—"At the same time someone walked in hearing the unholy words spilling from my mouth. They gasped, "You better not finish that sentence!" Looking up with frightened eyes still holding my head I stared at the mysterious male before me.

The one and only Bang Chan.

"—ch!" "I told you don't finish the sentence!" He spoke shaking my shoulders noticing my hand. "What happened?" He seemed like he was ready to laugh. "Two words. Top. Bunk." Soon I was engulfed in a hug and then heard giggles coming from the man. "Chan that's not funny! What if I get a bump? I'll be ugly!"
"You're already on that path! Don't worry!" Seungmin shouts from the living room. Another giggle escapes from the older male. "You're luck Chan's holding me back!" I yelled at the younger boy. "Speaking of Chan, why are you in here anyways?" She asked as they were still hugging. "Oh nothing, just wanted to see if you wanna cuddle." "You should've said so! Come on." We waddled to Chan's shared room, "Why are we in my room?" "You don't have a bunk bed and it's way larger than mine." We laid on his bed my head on his chest, talking about anything that came to mind, and eventually falling asleep.
———————————————————————
Uh hi! So I'm late but it's fine! I just haven't been inspired for the last few months. Thank you for waiting and for those who asked me to post this chapter THANK YOU!! It's shorter than I expected but I'm sure my next chapter will be longer.
Don't forget to vote, comment, share and follow!