Chapter Five

please continue to vote I would really appreciate more votes and comments.

---------------------------------------------------

Tobias

"Liar" is the first thing I think to say. "Don't go telling me lies or play some sick joke on me."

"No I'm serious. Tobias you have to believe me. she's not dead, I don't know why or how. She just is." Christina says. "And I think she stills has feeling for you."

"But Christina, I saw her body, cold and lifeless. she can't possibly be alive we scattered her ashes don't you remember? Are you sure it's her not someone who looks like her?" I ask.

"No, Matthew was the first to see her and he took her to the hospital. I went with them when the doctor got the results. it's her, but she can't remember anything." Christina tells me.

"Well, why are you freaking out if she doesn't remember anything, if she doesn't remember me." I say pointing at myself.

"Because she's remembering and sooner or later she'll remember everything!" Christina says exasperated.

"Okay, calm down." I said before asking, "hey, also did you say anything about......" giving her a look at the same time.

"No, I didn't want to say anything. We can't do that to her, she's already going through a lot, having her life switch around for the billionth time." Christina answers.

"Good, no one else knows right."

"Yup. I'm gonna head back, I don't want them to come looking for me..."

"Okay, see you later?" I ask.

"Yeah tonight, same place."

"Okay bye."

"Bye." Christina says finally.

A few minutes after she leaves, I decide that I need some free air. As I leave I lock my apartment door. the Hancock building is actual very big, for me I'd rather stay somewhere else, but this is the only place that has the least amount of memories.

I head down the hall towards the elevator bank and press the down arrow on the wall. I climb in and hit the ground level button. As the doors started to close, someone sticks their hand in.

"Oh excuse me." the man who had just climbed in, says

"Good afternoon, sir." I say

"Oh, why hello there Mr. Eaton, where are you headed?" he asks me.

The man is wearing a simple white polo shirt with a blue tie and black pants, he is also wearing glasses and is holding a brief case. His hair is cut short and from what I can tell, is orange.

"Just heading out for some fresh air." I reply. "its Johnson right?" I ask him

"Oh, yes. I work in the legislative branch."

i nod my head in reply. the elevator continues to descent. Johnson and I wait in an awkard silence until we reached the ground floor.

"well, i was nice seeing you." Johnson says as the doors opened.

"you too." i say in reply.

I head outside not taking much thought as to meeting Johnson. when i open the door, a soft cool breeze greets me. I take a death breathe, my head is buzzing with questions and confusion. I push all aside as best as I can.

I head towards Millennium Park. One of my best memories of Tris took place here. We had meet up there for a date.

I had brought a bag with me. there was a blanket, two cups and a 'delicious' fizzy drink from the Erudite kitchens. I brought Tris over to the big metal structure that arched above the stage and the end of the park. we climbed up to the top

"This feels familiar," Tris says.

I knew what she meant, bringing me to another memory.

I sat on the carousel staring up at the stars while the team argued about strategy. I wanted them to work it out. There weren't really any stars out just the big round moon. I dropped my gaze back to the team and noticed a figure walking away from the group. I quickly scanned the others, hoping they wouldn't get them selfs into trouble and started after the figure. the person came to the foot of the Ferris wheel. as I draw near to the Ferris wheel my chest tightens, almost suffocating.

The person is Tris. She grabs one of the rungs of the ladder that leaders up to the center of the Ferris wheel and jumps testing if it would hold her weight.

"Tris," I say

She looks over her shoulder. "Yes?" She replies

"I came to find out what you think you're doing."

"I'm seeking higher ground," she says with a isn't-it-obvious tone. "I don't think I'm doing anything"

I smile at that, at my own dumb explanation.

"All right. I'm coming."

I don't why I had said that. Me, pretty much torturing my self to climbing up a Ferris wheel that is about 100 and something feet. I guess even then I knew that she was different and that she was special.

"I'll be fine." she says

"Undoubtedly." I say completely serious.

I had never thought of her as someone who needed help. she was so strong and independent, which sometimes caused problems. she knew what needed to be done and she sacrificed. my thoughts wander to Christina. everything is just one big mess again.

"What am I going to do." I say to no one in particular.