Chapter Four (<<hehehe Four)

Sup, peps I would really like to get more votes and comments!!!! thx

----------------------------------------------------

Christina

"Yes, you do have anemia, but it's by your own self." the doctor explains. "for example when. Someone experiences something very traumatic or disturbing, the part of the brain that stores memories-the prefrontal cortex, if you will-puts up a virtual wall blocking your conscious self from accessing these events, in order to protect yourself."

"Will she ever get her memory back?" i ask anxious.

"Yes, but over time. it's good of she gets looks of sleep because her memories will mostly come back in dreams. it may be hard for her to determine whether they're real or not. she'll be asking lots of questions so try to answer them. also if you bring her places, reintroduce her to things, will also evoke memories." the doctor finished.

"Ha I was right." Matthew says with a smirk.

"Yeah, yeah, whatever." I say. "so," I say turning to Tris, "do you remember anything at all?"

"Well I remember my Mom, um....when she died." Tris says quietly, a tear slipping down her cheek. my eyes widen with sympathy and I embrace her in a hug.

"I'm sorry having to go through that again." i say. "do you remember anything else?" I ask again.

"Yes, one more thing, I remember when I 'died'. but I still don't get what was happening so that what happened, happened."

Matthew and I both let out a sigh. we look at each other having a quick silent debate.

Matthew speaks,

"I think we should go back to Christina's apartment and tell you there."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Okay, so. I know this is probably going to sound crazy, but just hear us out." Matthew says. he clears his throat before he starts. "When you had your aptitude, you scored inconclusive."

I can already see Tris's eyebrows furrow in confusion. Matthew continues.

"You are divergent. at the time being divergent was extremely dangerous because you cant be controlled-"

"Why would someone want to control me?" Tris asks

"Hold on, I'm getting to that. okay so, the person doing your aptitude test, Tori, sent you home early hoping no one would find out and entered her score as abnegation. you actually scored Erudite, Abnegation and Dauntless. come the Choosing ceremony you ended up picking Dauntless and your brother Caleb, well he can tell you that part later.

"Anyways, you trained in the Dauntless compound as an intitate, there were these three kids, well not kids because they're the same age as you, their names; Peter, Molly and Drew."

Tris's raises her eyebrows at the name Peter. "sounds familiar." she says.

"Oh, good. back to the story. well Peter was the leader and he caused tons of trouble, he stabbed Edward, the other Candor transfer, in the eye with a butter knife and almost killed you. your friends were, uh, Will, Albert, Christina here and also Uriah, Marlene and Lynn. you also hung out with Zeke and Shania. the most important one was Tobias."

This time Tris goes into a stunned state. "so he's a real person."

"Yes, he was your, uh....boyfriend." I say this time.

"But...."

"But, what?" Tris asks.

Well he's kinda moved on....I think. It's so easy to say but yet I can't say it.

"Oh, um, nothing." I say instead.

How am I supposed to tell her. she still remembers him, I can't do that to her.

"I'll be back, I just gotta quickly do something." I say and quickly walk out before they can ask where I'm going. I walk down the hall to the elevator bank. I punch the button for the 3rd floor.

I'm on the 10th floor and even though the elevator ride is only about 7 seconds, I feels like an hour. I finally reach the 3rd floor. I half run, half walk to room #15. I knock quickly on the door.

the person on the other side opens it with a confused and happy expression on their face. I don't wait for an invitation inside. I walk in and close the door behind me.

"Tobias, Tris isn't dead."