She smacked her lips. “Drive!” She ordered.

            He reached for his phone but she just dodged his hands keeping it away from him. His heart started beating fast and he could no longer control his anger. He gripped her wrist and twisted it so that her forearm was in the opposite directions of her arm.

            “Stop Chris you’re hurting me” She whined.

            “Give me my shit back” He yelled.

            She cried and threw his phone in his lap. He looked at her cry before letting her arm go and driving away from the parking lot. He did 70 down the high way speeding as Rasia cried in the passenger seat. He knew it was wrong but he knew she knew it was wrong for provoking him too.

            They pulled up in front of his house ten minutes later and she quickly hopped out the car grabbed Rico and made it into the house. By the time Chris was in the house she was already upstairs. He plugged his phone up to the charger and saw that Rasia was going through him and Sandra’s messages. There was nothing in the messages to incriminate him which made him angrier. The only thing that could’ve made Rasia mad was when Sandra texted him and said she was happy to see him.

            He placed his phone down and jogged up the steps bursting into the bedroom causing Rasia to jump. He walked over to her and grabbed her by the collar.

            “You gon’ stop treating me like some pussy nigga!” He yelled in her face. “All I’m tryna do is spend some fucking time wit’ my daughter but I can’t even do that wit’ you breathing down my fucking neck”

            “You shouldn’t give me a reason to” She cried trying to get out of his grip.

            He pushed her roughly up against the wall while still having the hold on the collar of her shirt.

            “I never gave you a fucking reason” He retorted. “You’re just being fucking selfish”

            She cried and when the thunder hit indicating that it was about to start storming she cried harder. He let her go and she slid down the wall bringing her knees to her chest and crying into her hands. He backed up realizing he scared her and didn’t really intend to do so. He sat down on the bed and watched her not knowing how to make her stop crying but at the same time letting her know that he wasn’t sorry.

            He honestly wasn’t sorry and felt like he needed to set the record straight. He did manhandle her a little too much and wished he’d stopped after awhile but she was getting out of hand with her words and wanted to let her know she couldn’t talk to him that way.

            They sat in the bedroom listening to the rain droplets hit the window pain and watching each other from their separate side of the room. There were tears streaks on Rasia’s face and a mean mug on Chris’s.

            He sighed and stood up walking out of the bedroom no longer wanting to be in the house.