A Missive, To England

Kingston, Jamaica ~ September 1818

Dear Lady Bella,

          I hope you are well, my Lady. The Duke of Devonshire has informed me of you timely arrival and your expected formal brunch. I have watched you bloom and flourish ever since you were welcomed into your father's household, and I have mixed feelings about missing your introduction to the peerage of England. Surely, the Duke would have speared no expense.

          In a much sadder topic of interest, my Lady, the protocol has ended. Your father has been laid to rest. T'was a big affair. Larger than that of the remembrance of Sir Eyre Coote, despite his end being somewhat branded as one of shame. Even the peer of the realm, our governor, Colonel His Grace The Duke of Manchester, has attended, for reasons as strange as the ones we had discussed.

          Your father has requested to be buried in the plot of land aside that of his father; in England. There, he will have a second ceremonial rite funded by a small share of his wealth. His body will arrive by the next nine and twenty moons atop the Stella Maria ship in Wilton, Wiltshire. It is my hope that you will be able to attend.

          The Wilton estate has not been reassigned, though many an elitist have petitioned for it. Its rites, being discussed even in parliament. However, your father has layered his home and property in heavy legal bounds.

          Have courage, my Lady. Soon, and very soon, I ought to see you once more, as the woman, the Lady, your father has envisioned you to be.

Yours faithfully,

Mr. Edmond Wilson.