Or so she thought.

When she was young she always wondered why he never adopted her but present day, she was thankful and relieved that it didn't happen.

When she turned sixteen...everything changed.

He started drinking.

Gambling...

Giving her looks that made her uncomfortable...

Groping her...

Abusing her...

When she turned seventeen, Jason decided to foster a seven year old black kid.

Gabriel.

His mother was in prison and his dad had recently passed away from lung cancer. Which immediately caused him to be replaced into foster care.

Jason saw this as an opportunity and took it.

He was going broke and he needed the money.

The money that was coming from foster care so he can provide and take care of Gabriel. He ended up using it to buy alcohol with it and gamble it all away.

He treated Gabriel like he was some sort of slave and Madison would find her hatred towards Jason to grow more each passing day.

So Gabriel and Madison became family. She would always protect him and he would do the same. They were an unstoppable team.

Until she turned eighteen.

She was legally an adult so Jason kicked her out. Even though she hated being in that dreadful house, she didn't want to leave it. Not when Gabriel was there all alone with that monster.

She had nowhere to go, she was homeless. But thanks to her boyfriend Adrian, he helped her out. They lived together in an apartment his parents rented out for him. She of course had a job and helped pay the bills, while he was in college studying and working shifts at a burger place. It was complicated but they worked it out.

So with the help of Adrian, they would find ways to help Gabriel by sneaking him out of the house whenever Jason was knocked out cold from all his drinking. He would sleep at there apartment every night and Madison would help him with his school work.

It was like they were one big happy family.

But happiness never lasts.

Jason eventually found out and would lock Gabriel inside the house. Beating him up and not feeding him for a whole week. The only time I would see him was after school and he would always lie aboutJason not hurting him. But the evidence was clear on his skin. Bruises and scars that told a whole story were covered up in makeup. But they were to big to not go unnoticed.

Madison would cry herself to sleep every night wishing she could do something. The police didn't help, they trust Jason since he is a cop. Foster care didn't help, they said Jason is one of the best Foster parents there was.

But Jason didn't deserve to even be a Foster parent. No pedophile should.

So for the next three years, she did everything she could do to help. Gabriel would find ways to sneak out of the house and those were the days they would look forward to. They made a plan that once they have enough money they're going to run away.

They were going to start a new life.

Which brings us to three years later. Gabriel is out with his friends as Madison packs all his stuff so they can later board a train and start a new life.