Numb

Chapter song: Avril Lavigne - Slipped Away

- - - - - - - - - - -

⚠️WARNING⚠️

THIS CHAPTER CONTAINS SEXUAL VIOLENCE/ASSAULT AND STRONG LANGUAGE. IF YOU GET TRIGGERED EASILY,  I ADVISE YOU TO NOT READ THIS CHAPTER.

   - - - - - - - - - - -

The sound of the slamming door made Madison quickly jump from the side chair in Gabriel's room. She just had managed to stuff Gabriel's bag under the bed when the door opens.

Shit.

He wasn't supposed to be home.

Jason's staggering steps stop at the end of the bed. She could feel his eyes roaming up and down her body "Why the fuck are you here?"

"I came to check up on Gabriel." was all she said. She could feel sweat run down her forehead as her breathing began to quicken.

"Where is he?" His disgusting voice questions, she tries not to flinch once she saw his hand rise.

It's a reflex she had gotten so used to doing.

"I don't know" She lies.

She knew exactly where he was. He was at his friends house, that's where she was going to pick him up as soon as she was done packing his stuff.

"Bullshit!" The volume of his voice getting louder as he angrily looks at her. "Tell me where he is."

"He's probably working so he can pay for the bills of your alcohol consumption." I nonchalantly say as I watch his eyes darken even more.

"That's no way to speak to me, you good for nothing bitch." He takes a step forward, anger seeping through him. "I'm not sure if you're fully aware what I can do to you." His hands grab her arm and slowly tighten around it, but Madison didn't dare wince, she didn't want him to know he hurt her.

"Do you need a reminder?!" His other hand travels upwards on her forearm sending an awful feeling in Madison's body.

She looks at him in pure disgust as she gathers up her saliva and spits in his face. He releases his hold on her arm, clenching his jaw he wipes away the spit.

She knew that was a terrible thing to do at a moment like this, because it usually ended up badly for her, multiple scars and bruises were proof enough.

He quickly walks back towards her and grabs her by her throat. Pinning her against the wall his hand slowly squeezing around her throat. His menacing gaze looking straight in her eye.

The system had put her into this house and she hated them for it. Her grandmother was in a coma at the time and since she was her only family, she was placed into Foster care.Two months later, her grandma died.

She was twelve and an orphan.

So Foster care made the decision to make Jason her legal guardian. At first Madison was fine with it because Jason actually cared.

He was a cop after all....

Jason was a good father figure she never had, she even considered him a friend. He would always be there whenever she needed him. He would make her feel better every time she would cry thinking about her beloved grandmother. He never did anything bad, he was one of the nicest people she had known.