Chapter 23 - The electrifying tingles of magic!

Start from the beginning

The kitchen unit contained the following features. Three wall cupboards for dishes, glasses, cups and bowls, one sink unit cupboard with a high-grade steel sink, storage space for bins and cleaning agents and a chrome-colored dishwasher, one cooktop unit cupboard with a four-platted ceramic glass hob, a floor unit composed of two huge drawers for pots and pans as well as supplies and a smaller floor unit consisting of one small drawer for silverware as well as one bigger drawer for a mixer, immersion blender and food processor. Besides that, her kitchen united included an apothecary cabinet with two drawers for spices and more supplies and an oven unit cupboard with a baking oven on eye level above an integrated refrigerator with a freezer.

The finishing touches in the room were the grey colored window frame encircling the double-glazed window that was seated around the corner of the little kitchen table. On the granite windowsill set herb pots like parsley, basil, and chives above a simple, horizontal heater. The lime green wall opposite the kitchen unit was decorated with cream-colored framed pictures of green apples and deciduous trees and the whole kitchen was lit up by a warm yellow light emitting rectangular ceiling lamp.

Petunia still gazed in awe at the projected image. She still couldn't fathom the seemingly endless possibilities of magic and couldn't wait to see Severus enact her ideas with a few spells and flicks of his wand. Although she still felt a little jealous pang for not being gifted with this special, mind-blowing and life-simplifying powers, she felt overjoyed and blessed to witness Severus casting spells. Sure, a part deep inside of her heart still yearned to be magical as well. But she couldn't force something that wasn't meant to be. And she could still enjoy the perks of magic and see its wonders, even partake in some, if she embarked on her romance with Severus. Therefore, she gazed in his gorgeous, pride-full sparkling obsidian eyes, threw her arms tightly around his neck and encouraged him to voice his opinion of her new kitchen designs.

"Well, Severus. What do you say to my design ideas for your kitchen? Although I'm still blown away by the wonders of this spell, the electrifying tingle of your magical energies and the realistic quality of this hologram, I can barely contain my suspense for your reactions. Do you like it? If something isn't to your liking, I'm sure that we can come up with something new. Please stay assured that I won't take some critique personally, for your kitchen should surely also be designed to your liking. So, if something is bothering you, you can voice it without being afraid of my fury. I promise to enjoy our pasta date regardless of your reaction."

Severus put his arms around Petunia's middle, planted a sweet kiss on her cheek and addressed her concerns in a calm voice.

"Petunia, I know that I could voice my honest opinion about your design plans without enraging you. But you don't need to fear a negative reaction to your plans on my part. In fact, I love your design ideas, because as a true Slytherin green is my favorite color. And the sycamore furniture and grey kitchen cabinets are exactly my taste, for I like natural materials and earthy colors. So, I will transfigure this kitchen according to your ideas in a few minutes. I still can't fathom how you can come up with these amazing ideas without missing any valuable items in such a short time. You have really a gift in the design department and I can't express with words how lucky I'm to have such a multi-talented, beautiful and kind girlfriend, for you don't only know how to design a room, you also know how to deal with money and numbers.

"So, if your career as a business consultant doesn't work out for you, I'm sure that you would be really successful in managing your own interior design business. But the fact that I'm the only human on the planet right now who is gifted with your superior design skills, makes me feel really special. Thence, if you don't mind, I will give you a short lesson in Transfiguration and Charms and change this sorry excuse of a kitchen from hell into this dream version in no time, for I really want to move on to our pasta date real quick. And I can already say that it will be an even greater pleasure to cook inside this new dream kitchen for you. So, thank you again for your help and being you, Petunia."