001. important

unedited. "okay, we have a competition coming up, so make sure every second of practice counts, don't play around, remember your lines, stay healthy so you won't be absent for any practices, do you hear me?"

"yes,"

a range of fourty to fifty members of the drama club, all queued in two straight lines, all walked behind the drama club's leader, kim seokjin.

seokjin sure didn't get the title of leader, under any lousy reasons. he indeed deserved it. over the past three years, seokjin has won many awards for varieties of categories of the drama industry.

every trophy, every medal, every certificate, were hung on the walls of his room like some unending art exhibition.

seokjin was upset and mad that the club couldn't practice like usual.

the school hall was apparently under construction, so they had nowhere else to practice, but the gymnasium.

just as seokjin stuck his feet into the gymnasium, everything happened too fast, way too fast, one moment, where seokjin was having a day of his life, then one moment, a ball came and smacked his head.

"okay, what do you want?" kim taehyung, the handball team's captain, shouted from the edge of the court, slowly walking to seokjin's direction.

"i forgive you for throwing a ball on my head, for i could have faint, bled and died."

"i won't repeat myself," taehyung picked up the ball, throwing it behind his back for his teammates to catch. "you're interrupting us."

"we need this gymnasium, to practice for our drama club."

"out, now. you're not the only one having a practice going on, you'll manage, now go away."

taehyung tried pushing seokjin out, but the older moved away and smiled sarcastically, "you can always practice later, drama is so much harder than you think, i mean, handball is just, throwing and catching and scoring the ball."

"it's almost class so there's no use."

"no, it's-" and the bell rang.

"oops,"

taehyung walked to class, keeping his steps slow and short, with nothing but a scribble book and a pen.

any handball players were excused if they were late for class, so he couldn't care less about being late.

his eyes wondered around the classroom, searching for an empty seat.

"taehyung!" his friend called.

he walked over to his friend, giving a small smile, raising one brow. "hey, namjoon!"

before he could sit, someone else had dashed over and took over the seat, taehyung just reversed his steps as he sighed, looking at the one seat left, right next to seokjin.

"fuck you, jimin." he whispered.

"now that everyone's here, the person next to you will be your partner for your next project."

taehyung and seokjin could only glare at each other.

right before classes even started, both of them couldn't get a decent first impressions of themselves.

seokjin only knew taehyung as captain of the handball team and taehyung only knew seokjin as the drama club leader. besides that, they knew nothing about each other nor that they wanted to get to know each other.

they watched as the teacher wrote on the whiteboard, best pastimes.

"handball,"

"drama,"

the two males immediately mutter out, at the same time. realising that the other said something diffirent, they once again glared at each other.