"Shit", dad says looking some what worried

"What's wrong?", I ask

"The meeting we had today was about someone leaving the pack", he replies, "it happened in the beginning of the school day."

"Well good riddance. Sis is bad luck anyways."

"Don't worry about her honey", mom said to dad, "she won't last long as a rogue. If she doesn't die first, she'll probably be back within the week."

"True. That week bitch of a daughter doesn't realize she's safer here. To hell with her then."

"Anyways", mom says, "Jake, let's go pick out a nice cake and grab some decorations. We've still got about two hours before the party."

"Okay."

3 hours later

The party is starting to get full now, and everyone is just having fun. Every once in awhile I have to stop myself from calling Angel. Normally she would be serving drinks, but she's long gone. Finally. The only ones who aren't here yet, are the Alphas family. But then I walk by the door just as Alpha Lambert comes in with Luna Martha and Eric behind them.

"Happy birthday Jake", Luna says

"Thank you Luna."

Alpha Lambert claps his big hand on my shoulder, giving it a squeeze and me a broad smile. His way of congratulating me I guess. I smile back and we all move to where the party is. Everyone greets the alpha as he passes.

My parents come up to greet them and Eric pulls me aside.

"So, where's your sis bro?", he asks

"Sorry dude. She ran away."

"Damn. I was really looking forward to punching away some stress."

"Me too man. But I'm happy she's gone. She was a waste of space and air."

Eric snickers at that and zeros in on the girl I've been crushing on for months.

"When are you gonna talk to Jessica?", he asks, "now's your chance. She wouldn't say no to the birthday boy."

"You think so? She kind of flirts with all the guys though."

"So what? We've never actually seen her date anyone. Maybe you're the one for her." He laughs at that and nudges me in her direction.

Just as I'm about to go over to her, I hear Alpha Lambert yell. The music stops and everyone's attention is on him and my parents.

"What the fuck do you mean she ran away?!", Alpha demands

Well shit, he found out. But why does that upset him? It's not like she's important or anything.

"She was just gone alpha", my mom says, "no one had seen her all day and her clothes were missing when we finally checked her room."

"And what would make her want to leave in the first place?" Alpha seethes, "Even she knew the dangers of becoming rogue. Did you touch her?"

I see my father visibly shaking. Half with fury and half with fear.

"ANSWER ME! DID YOU BEAT HER?!"

"Y-yes A-alpha..", mom stutters out

"You're a disgrace! We are supposed to protect our children. Instead you beat yours and drove her out of the pack."

My parents trembled from every word that left the Alphas' lips, and I watched as they suddenly threw me under the bus with them.

"W-we weren't the o-only one's b-beating her", dad said

"Who else would've touched your daughter?", Alpha asked sternly

"Our s-son", mom answered

And then everyone's eyes turned to me, including the Alphas' anger filled ones.

"Is that true Jake?", alpha asked calmly

His alpha voice literally prevented me from lying to him. I was quaking in my boots now and felt like I would wet myself if he kept looking at me like that. With anger and disappointment.

"Y-yes alpha", I reply slowly, "but it wasn't just me either."

"And who else besides her own family would dare touch her?", he growled

I looked to Eric, debating if I could really out my best friend like that. But the decision was taken from me when Alpha caught my line of sight.

"Eric!", he barked, "did you beat Angel with her brother?"

"Y-yes father", Eric replied

"Eric no", Luna Martha gasped

"I-I'm s-sorry."

"You are supposed to lead this pack one day. That doesn't give you the right to lay your hands on someone with no reason!", Alpha shouted

Alpha Lambert scolded Eric and my parents for another half hour before storming out. At that point the party was over and everyone started leaving. I glared at my parents and stomped upstairs to my room.

What a great fucking birthday.