"O-ow. What a way to welcome your son eh? And where is Taehyung.." he tried to push past his mother, but remember she's a strong alpha lady.

"Ah not quite yet my dear. I've got some of our tailors to get him dressed up for your special evening! And hurry along with me we must get you dressed too!" She yanked onto Jungkook's arm and led him inside.

"What's that foul smell Jungkook, the least you could do is take a shower."

"But I was trying not to be la-"

"Well taking a shower wouldn't make you much later." She scolded.

Jungkook was so desperate to hold Taehyung in his arms, and his mother was not having any of his moans. All he could do was sigh and hope the evening would come quicker than the few hours left.

***

You've got to be kidding right?

Jungkook sighed deeply as he wondered about the front gardens. He had to get out of the hall swarming with chattering heads that sounded like the buzzing of bees. It was too much for him to bear so he had to escape and breathe.

 It was too much for him to bear so he had to escape and breathe

(This is where the palace front gardens where he wonders to)

"Jungkook? Is that you?"

"Huh, oh hey hyungs" his voice was monotone and plain.

"Aww my dear Jungkookie why so glum. Is someone missing their cutie Taetae" Jin cooed.

Jungkook pouted in irritation. He wanted to be able to spend quality time with Taehyung but his mother had planned on inviting the entire kingdom in celebration of his mate selection... she wouldn't let him near his mate at all. Miyeon proudly introduced the shy Taehyung to all the guests and Jungkook sulked in the corner until he just got so sick of it all he stormed out.
Now he was to be annoyed further by the unbeatable alpha duo; one unbeatable in brains, the other in dad jokes.

"Hyung this is so unfair! I wanted to be alone with Taehyung! What the hell was mother thinking!"

They could sense the strong scent laced with hurt and anger that oozed out of Jungkook. He was mad. Namjoon and Jin roughly glanced at each other in worry.

"Do you want me to sneak Tae out, I'm his brother after all he'll definitely come." Jin winked and hurried back inside.

Namjoon smiled at his helpful mate and said, "You remember how against the Kim Alpha sons we were Jungkook, now look, they're our mates. Our opinions are formed so quick we don't get time to uncover the reality, that's why never doubt the fate of the stars."

"Namjoon hyung, you said that you and Jin hyung can sense each other's presence and feelings, why can't I?"

"What do you mean, all mated bonds ca- wait a minute, have you even mated Taehyung?"

"Ugh why does everyone keep saying that, and what does it mean anyway." Jungkook huffed.

"Oh my you really are thick Jungkook-ah! You have to, you know, claim each other... like, ugh basically do it in bed!" And with that Namjoon walked back inside to follow after his husband.

Claim each other in bed? What the fuck does that mean? Ugh my brain hurts. They're only making me feel worse.

So he sat there all alone.

Despite being the one of main stars of the night

Despite how much he longed for his partner.
Despite the wondrous moments that were to come in the following hours of the night.

Oh my goodness this story is getting much more attention than I'd ever imagined lol! Thank you so much your comments are very lovely too! I hope you enjoyed reading and I'll be sure to upload the next chapter soon ;)
Love you all 🙃