twenty three

There were arms wrapped around Jaemin when he opened his eyes again. He blinked, adjusting to the light. Renjun had abandoned his drink and moved to sit beside Jaemin, to hold him.

"Renjun." Jaemin breathed, staring into the table.

Renjun approaching him and becoming friends one day when he was feeling down.

Renjun sitting next to him whenever they had classes together for years.

Renjun helping him open up and gain confidence when his self-esteem was low.

Renjun and him becoming best friends and slowly, more than just friends.

Renjun and him confessing to each other one late night while studying.

Renjun and him sharing their first kiss and feeling more scared than anything at the fact that they fell in love.

Renjun and him becoming inseparable.

Renjun, his other half.

"Injunnie," Jaemin repeated in a whisper, with tears now rolling down his cheeks. "How could I have forgotten you?"

Renjun's crying silently too. "Shh it's okay babe. Breathe, I'm here."

Jaemin buried his face into his arms as he remembered more and more, letting his memories piece themselves together. "I'm so glad I found you," he mumbled. "I missed you so, so much."

"I missed you too," Renjun replied shakily. "When you were stuck in your coma I would visit you. I prayed for you to wake up. I went slightly crazy and even tried speaking to you. When you woke up, I felt like I could breathe again. But then when I got there, I heard you forgot everything."

Jaemin remembered seeing a small black haired boy outside of his hospital room, but now he remembered it was Renjun. "I'm sorry for causing all this trouble," he said quietly.

"But why did you run from me, Injun?" Jaemin looked up at Renjun with confused eyes. "Did you regret our relationship? Did you never want to go back?"

"That's not it," Renjun said softly, caressing Jaemin's hair. "I hurt every moment of the day. I wanted you back so badly the only way I could stop myself was by running away, and I guess I'm a coward for doing so. I love you so much, Nana. I hope you haven't forgotten."

"I remember now," Jaemin said. "Can we go back to how things were before?"

There was an uncomfortable pause from Renjun which made Jaemin give him a questioning expression. Although it seemed forced, Renjun let out a smile. "Sure we can, Nana. Of course."

~~~~~

A/N:

if yall think this is storm yall are WRONG wrong lmao this is the fluff before the angst u better hold onto ur hearts for when the hard stuff happens

idk if i wanna give any hints but aAAAA i cant keep things inside ill just say it . jaemin hasn't remembered the bad stuff yet ...........

so yea uh this is the result of me tryna propel the story forward and probably going wrong with a lot of details but thats okay ! im kinda just winging these as i go so they probably dont make any sense, i have a vague outline im trying to follow but itd be a miracle if i actually went by my plans for once

anyway i updated really soon since my friend wanted to read :) i hope yall are liking the story so far altho it kinda still sucks beyond repair :))

- amy