seventeen

Jaemin managed to get through the day with a convincing smile plastered on his face. He was in a decent mood, but the main reason he was beint so cheery was because today he was on a mission: he would find the boy from his memories. It seemed as if he could help Jaemin, and as scary as the idea of regaining his lost memories felt he wanted to do it sooner or later.

"Have a wonderful weekend!" he waved at a teacher as he exited his last period class, giving her a big grin.

"Thank you, Jaemin," she responded happily to his surprise. "You as well!"

The smile immediately wiped off Jaemin's face once he was out of sight. His expression hardened as he started to speedwalk down the halls, hoping to find the boy where he last bumped into him. He was tired of being stuck in the dark, and since Jeno wasn't going to be any help, he decided he might as well look for the boy himself.

It was weird. The boy seemed to be in the same grade as him but they had no classes together and Jaemin never saw him around the school either, it was as if he was invisible or trying to hide from someone. And by 'someone' Jaemin could guess it was probably him.

"Jaemin? What's the rush? Is everything okay?"

Jaemin skidded to a stop at the call of his name, turning to see Jeno following after him. Great. This is great, he thought. He forced his face into a friendlier expression and he smiled gently. "Oh hi Jeno! I'm just..." his voice trailed off, debating whether he should tell Jeno his true intentions or not. "On my way to my locker. Today's been a long day, you know? I'm excited to go home," he tapped his foot, hoping Jeno would wave him off soon. I appreciate the concern but please just spit out what you wanna say and leave, Jaemin thought impatiently.

"I see, me too," he chuckled. "Well I was just wondering what's up because you were practically sprinting down the halls. Anyway, have a nice weekend, I'll be going now!" Jeno smiled happily, his eyes curving into crescents.

Jaemin grinned. "You too, I'll see you on Monday," he made a salute gesture and turned around, walking a little slower to not draw attention.

I hope he's there, he thought as he turned to the hall from last time. He scanned every locker, observing other people in his grade packing away their things and chatting amongst themselves. But none of them were who he was looking for.

I came too late. Jaemin shook his head subtly, disappointed in the situation. Out of the corner of his eye he noticed Jeno watching him, but he didn't really care. It's okay, he assured himself. There's always Monday. I'll find him sooner or later.

~~~~~

A/N:

heeeyy guess whos back to save this renmin drought dkdkdkkd i was feeling extra sad i guess so i pulled out 3-4 chapters from my ass look at me gO

but yeet ! ill post them all at once so yay crappy renmin content

jaemins starting to get kinda annoyed and done with the situation so theres gon be some slight beef up ahead :)) prepare urself uwu