Chapter 5 - Twisted Imagination

Start from the beginning

"Okay and Commander..." you paused

"What is it?"

"Thank you... I trust you."
Reyes nodded and lead the way to the geneticist room.

You had never heard of any doctor in Overwatch or Blackwatch that specialises in genes. You worried that she would tell you that you were something to be feared and would be locked away. But deep down you knew that both Commanders wouldn't let that happen to you.

You entered into another lab, this one much different from Winston's, this one was dark, no sunlight shining in.

"Moira, are you there?" Reyes called as the two of you wondered deeper into the lab. A dark mist appeared before you. 

"Is this (y/n), Gabe?" A woman with short orange hair approached, inspecting you. "Very ordinary looking. But science will have the answer. Please have a seat." She pulled you in showing you to a chair. 

You slowly sat down. She was much different than Winston, very forceful and suspicious. 
Moira searched through her draws as you looked around the room whilst sitting in the chair. You made eye contact with Reyes. 

"There's nothing to worried about." He whispered.
"Indeed, nothing to worry about." Moira turned to you and approached with a need. "Give me your arm," she ordered. You quickly gave and she tightened a strap around your bicep. "I'm drawing blood so I can analyse deeper later." She explained.
"That's all?" You asked.
"No. I will need samples of your hair, saliva and do various other tests." She stated. 

Moira seemed to be very direct when it came to explaining things to you. "Tell me if you feel anything."
Of course, you didn't feel anything, like anything she could do would make a difference. Moira drew quite a bit of blood, luckily not enough to have an effect.
Once she drew the blood, she sealed it away and out of sight. She turned to you with a cotton bud.
"Open your mouth" You complied as she dabbed the cotton tip on the inside of your cheeks and then sealed in a test tube. 

Finally, without warning, she plucked a piece of hair from your scalp and placed inside another test tube.
"Now that is over with, let see how far your immunity to pain goes." She played with her wrist before turning back to you, positioning her hand in a grip pointed to you. You saw the black coming from you and into her hands.
You felt nothing but after a while, the world around you didn't seem right. The world began to fade to black.

You could sense that you were waking up hearing an argument between Moira and Reyes. You couldn't see just yet, only hear.
"You could have killed (y/n)!!"
"Not my problem she can't feel anything. Besides, since when do you care?"
"Do you know how important (y/n) is?"
"Not the faintest clue. You can take them back to their room. I have research to do"
You were lifted by muscular arms and carried out of the room.

Your eyes finally opened and immediately looked at Reyes.
"Commander?" You asked.
"You're awake. Thank God." He sighed.
"You can put me down now" You insisted.
"Moira's power is still affecting you, it wouldn't be a good idea to do."
You let Reyes carry you back to your room which was now all repaired from the damage that the two of you had caused the night previous.
He laid you on the bed and kneeled beside you.
"Listen, kid. Myself, McCree, Genji and Moira are going on a mission tomorrow. It's best that you don't come for your own safety."
"Why not?" You demanded
"It's Talon, this mission isn't going to be as easy as the one you went on last time." He insisted. "We need you safe here, not out there. Especially if Talon found out about you"
"Commander"
"What is it?"
"I will come running if you or other Blackwatch agents are in trouble."
"Thanks, Kid, but it does not need" Reyes rubbed your head as if you were a child, it caused you to become sleepy and you fell asleep.

--------------------------------------------------The next day--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You woke up finding Reyes sat leaning against your bed asleep, you didn't freak out. In fact, you were relieved you got to see Reyes before he left.
You tapped him on the shoulder.
"Commander, it's morning. Why are you here?" You asked, he grumbled as his eyes slowly opened.
"Morning...I better start getting ready for the mission." He got up like it was no big deal him being there.
"Why did you sleep here?" You asked.
"I just fell asleep is all." He headed for the door. "See you later, (y/n)" He exited your room.

---------------------------------------------------Reyes's POV----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I entered my office placing my phone on the table.
"Athena, open the file on the last email received" I ordered.
A holographic screen appeared before me showing video footage of (y/n) rescuing Amelie Lecroix. Showing (y/n) shooting the other agent. The kid was scary when they were angry.
After the footage ended there was a video message from a Talon agent.
"Bring this kid to us or we will take them by force. Your choice, Gabriel Reyes."
The video ended.
I punched the desk in front me knowing (y/n) was in trouble and it wasn't going to be an easy task to get them out of.
There was a knock at the door.
"Come in" I answered.
"Gabe, we got trouble." It was Jack, he showed me his mobile showing the clip I had just received except changing the name.
"You too, huh?" I crossed my arms.
"Wait! You received one too?" He asked.
"Yeah, I got it last night. I would have gone to you but it's best not to leave the kid alone right now." I informed him.
"Where is (y/n)-"
"I already have someone watching over (y/n)." I cut Jack off before he questioned me.
"Go on the mission and see what their intention are for (y/n) as well as capturing Antonio" Jack Ordered and marched out of my office.
"That was my plan anyways" I mumbled to myself.

I headed to the hanger, meeting McCree and Genji there.
"Where's Moira?" I asked
"She's already on the ship, can't keep her out in the open for all to see, can we now?" McCree smirked.
"Good. Is everything ready for the mission." They nodded. "Good, then let's go" I ordered.

We will keep you safe, (y/n).