Chapter 2 - Unauthorised

"What is this (l/n)?! Why is Morrison telling me about you considering joining Overwatch?" Reyes approached with Fury on his face. 

"Wait, what?" You were confused. You thought back, could have been something that happened last night? You remember Commander Morrison being at the door rambling on about something and brushing him off as if it was nothing. 

"Morrison told me about last night" He yelled at you.
"What happened between you and the commander, (y/n)?" Lena asked.
"Nothing happened. I don't remember. After dinner, I went to bed..." You thought a bit more and then it hit you. 
"Now you remember?" Reyes crossed his arms tapping his finger on one of them.

"I thought nothing of it, it was late and was focusing on going to bed. It meant nothing" You assured him.

"It better mean nothing." He paused. " You need extra training because of these two, you are not progressing, I'm sure of it." He assumed as he walked off leaving you with Lena and Lucio. 

For the first time, you felt inside of you. Something...strong. You were not sure if it was good or bad. You gripped your top around the chest area. Something was happening to you, but you were going to ignore to prove that prick that you were going got be capable whatever he was going to throw at you. 

"We understand if you want to skip out on our training now..." Lena began. 

"I am not backing down now, Lena. I have to prove that I am better than whatever he thinks of me." You stated with determination. 

"Let's get started then." Lucio smiled.

------------------------------------------------------Time Skip-----------------------------------------------------

You had to admit that their training was very different from what you had expected and very much different from what you were doing in BlackWatch. You still had that feeling in your chest. Maybe it was more serious than you thought.

You walked alone back to the BlackWatch common room, where you found McCree and Genji; discussing their previous mission. Of course you were very envious of them to be able to start missions so quickly. But their past, as horrible as they were, gave them the experience and skills needed. 

"(y/n)! Good seeing you, kid!" McCree waved. "Reyes giving you a hard time? Don't take it personally, okay, darlin'?" He invited you to sit down. 
You sat down between McCree and Genji, McCree had you curious now and that feeling in your chest was not dying down. 

"Has he been talking about me behind my back?" You demanded. 

"He does that to everyone, honestly. But he was pretty upset that you were training with the Overwatch agents." He shrugged. 

"I only did that because I'm can't progress in offence with his training alone. Can't keep doing the same thing." You explained.

"I think what you need is to do in-action training. Go in the deep end and take it from there. It might be better." Genji advise. Genji was always wise with words. 

"That ain't a bad idea. Why not tag along with us. Don't worry we won't tell Reyes." McCree winked at you. 

"You would really let me do that?" You asked.
"Of course. It's to help you out, kid."
Reyes enters the room with his usual stern look.
"(l/n), good, you're here. It's time for training. Let's go" Reyes walked past you, you got up and followed out the room. "
"Have fun!" McCree shouted. 

As you were walking to the training area you noticed something about the commander. His hands, dark smoke was leaking from it. You knew Reyes was human and there was nothing supernatural about him. So why was something like this happening to him? Was he okay?