Chapter 16 - Deal

-------------Cora's POV------------------

Sombra and myself had been discussing about find a certain Soldier, she had friends everywhere in the world. She was very powerful, more than people could see. 

''I can make it that Mr 76 is in El Dorado by the end of the week. I will tag along, I wanted to go back and visit anyways.'' She paused and looked at you for a second. ''But what is in it for me if I do this?'' She asked. 

''I knew you would ask for something in return. So let me, Cora, be an allies of you. I won't talk about what you've been up or your plans and the same goes the opposite way round.'' I offered. 

''I need a little bit more than that.'' She smirked, of course she would want more. 

''Fine, then I will grant you access to my Father's lab too. Now, that's an offer you can't refuse''. I am the only person with full access to the lab and it is full Sombra proof, I had no idea how it was but it just was.

She began to laugh.
''You have definitely got a deal, mi amigo!'' She was excited. ''I will make arrangements to bring you, your Jack Morrison, Cora.'' 

''He is not mine. If anyone, he's Kei.'' I corrected her. 

''The one you control? That still makes him yours too.'' Sombra smiled, maybe she was trying to provoke me.

''No, we are two different people. Understand that.'' I turned my heels to walks away, I was done with Sombra for no w. 

''Would that be the same as Gabe?'' She asked. 

''What are you talking about.'' I demanded

''I know (y/n)'s history, I know where they came from, what they did. Who was their commander. And some mission details.'' She began. 

''Your point.'' 

''I know that from what happened in the past that Gabriel Reyes, Reaper, also cares for (y/n). Why else would he be here with Talon now?'' Sombra suggested. 

''Well, I think he changed his mind and he can't go back. He is now full of regret.'' I insisted. I was sure that Reaper let go of hope when I took over this body for longer than intended. 

A alarm reminder could be heard, it was my watch. It was time for the upgrade. 

''If you want to get into my father's lab, follow me. I have an upgrade so I will be your distraction. Understand?'' I informed. 

''Si. Lead the way.'' Sombra turned invisible and left a tranlocator in her room. 

We walked down the hallway and into the main lab. Walking through, the scientist were hard at work with Moira watching over them. I ignored them all and headed straight to Father's lab. 

I knocked on the door, I heard the come in. 

''Cora, are you ready for your upgrade?'' Father asked. 

''Whenever you are.'' I responded with no emoition. I could sense the Sombra had already went to explore the lab, leaving me behind. Father lead me to a chair with straps. I sat in the chair without another thought. Father strapped me in and checked if I was secure. 

''The straps are just for precautions.'' He assured  me as he brought a trolley over with the suitcase on the top. In the corner of my eye I could see syringes fill with flurent colours. 

''What will this upgrade do?'' I asked.

''We will find out.'' He didn't even know himself! He was literally experimenting on me.

First needle injected. No pain.

The Second, Still nothing.

Third, It felt different. 

Fourth, a little bit pain. Oh no.

Fifth. More pain. This is bad.

Sixth. Excrusiating! Make it stop. I couldn't hold back the screams. 

''Last one.'' He announced. 

I blacked out from pain. I thought this body was immune. What ever it was, a normal human may have died by the second one. 

I woke up. I was in my bed. Both Sombra and Reaper were sat in a chair in my room. I was not sure how long I was there. But however long it was, it had Reaper and Sombra worried. I sat up and turned to them. Sombra nudge Reaper to notify him I  was awake. 

''How long was I out?'' I asked. 

''Hours. We heard your screams which is very much unlike you.'' Reaper responded. It seemed like he did care. ''What happened?'' He demanded. 

''An upgrade. Well more like an experiment. He insisted it an upgrade but he wasn't too sure what it would do'' I stated, not knowing what the upgrade was. 

''Looking at what was beieng used, it is surprising you are still alive, amigo.'' She started. 

''What did he use.'' I questioned

''He used pure elements things that could cause distruction by themselves.'' Sombra paused. ''It was definitely to make you unstoppable in combat that's for sure.''

''I could tell you that was worse than what I have ever been through prior.'' I stood up but I just fell back onto the bed. This body was weak. ''I just hope whatever he did would not effect (y/n).'' I was a bit concern for them. 

''Check'' Reaper ordered. 

''I can't, I'm too weak to do anything.'' I retorted. 

''Tch'' Reaper was frustrated and left the room.

''He still has hope.'' She insisted. 

Even so, if anything happens to (y/n) he'll be devasted. 

-----------------------Reaper's POV-------------------------

I walked back to my room, I was very angry. Once Cora has recovered, I will demand again to see (y/n), this has gone on too long and the fact they we don't know how they are scares me. I closed the door behind me removing my mask.

If (y/n) were to see me like this they may be scared. They may want to know what happened to me. If they'd known I had died that die, they would blame themselves. Just like that day years and years ago. Before joing Black Watch. 

We actually knew each other before. But they seemed to have forgotten. Since I died, I started to remember that day. I had no idea how I had even forgotten it, that we had even met before. Part of me seems like it may have something to do with Cora as well. 

But we shall find out.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author notes. 
Hope you are enjoying the continuation of this story. 
I'm taking a little break for Christmas. 
I swear I will be back as I have already started writing the next Chapter. 

Thank you for your understanding