Image 1: Vanguard of Destiny

The light from the evening sun blinded my eyes. Even though the sun is supposed to blind me from seeing clearly, instead of my sight being over brighten, it's foggy and dull, like from an old tape recorder. My sight keeps blacking out and coming back.

I can't see myself, nor how I feel at that moment but I know one thing for sure.

My dull eyes.

Whatever my eyes lay upon, that sight is gray and dull. There is no color in my world.

My legs are moving aimlessly with no real location.

The only thing I can perceive is the trees hanging over my head and a few feet away, right in front of me.

A boy. Seemingly older than me, who's covered in bruises, looking down at the ground with dull eyes.

The thoughtless boy didn't care to look up as once again I saw another boy coming from the right corner. To be precise, he seemed older than myself and the boy.

From my perspective, they were going to crash into each other, including me if I just stopped walking.

The most strangest thing is . . . I didn't. I kept walking in the same direction, at the same pace.

The older boy also didn't bother to look at both directions before running so it was inevitable that we would soon stumble upon each other.

So I waited for the impact, just as I saw a glimpse of the three of us being too close to each other, I saw the brunette's jade eyes widen in surprise and the bluenette's sapphire eyes finally look up.

At that moment, my own eyes widen in astonishment when I met their eyes. To my shock, I knew their eye and hair colors . . . why?

That thought didn't last long as I felt the world slowed down, the air behind me and the trees and a whisp of my blue hair moving in front of me.

Ah, I'm falling, I closed my eyes to wait for the upcoming pain when my back makes contact with the hard cement of the sidewalk.

I felt like something was skipped, since green and yellow entered my sight. I felt no pain.

I sat up and saw that both the brunette and bluenette were sitting on the ground.

"You guys okay?" The brunette asked, indicating he was talking to us.

Both me and the bluenette didn't answer him. I just stared at him while the bluenette lowered his eyes.

The brunette looked at us with this unknown emotion I can't describe. He stood up, I felt something take my hand and pulled me up.

He helped me.

He then directed his attention to the bluenette on the ground.

"What happened to you? You look like you lost a fight. Though you probably weren't the one to start it. Are you hurt real bad?" He asked. Then he turned towards me.

"You too. You look like you got beaten around. Are you hurt?" His voice was laced with concern.

Both I and the bluenette just stared at him.

"Oh!" He exclaimed. His eyes widening in realization. He took something out from his back pocket. In his grasp was a pile cards neatly put together. On the front was a bold white printed word.