Homecoming [OneShot]

Note : Kakarot (Goku) and Raditz aren't born yet.

Gines excitement grew as she waited for the long-awaited homecoming of her husband Bardock. She was cooking him his favorite meal and couldn't wait to see his face again. As soon as she heard the front door open she rushed to the doorway.

"Bardock!", Gine said happily, hugging the Saiyan-Warrior tightly. "I'm so glad you returned safely.", "Hey Babe!", he greeted her and placed a soft kiss on her forehead. They both went to the kitchen where a delicious scent wafted into his nose. "How was the mission?". "It all went well. We easily were able to took over plenty of Planets cause most of the Inhabitants had a very low power level. We killed them within seconds.", Bardock said as he took off his Battle armor and removed his scouter. Even though Gine was a full blooded Saiyan, she couldn't stand the thought of taking the life of innocence creatures. But she knew that Bardock had no other choice but carry out Frieza's order. "Maybe you'll get a reward for working so hard.", the female claimed as she looked after the meat. "I highly doubt it. No matter how hard we work, Frieza is never satisfied.", the warrior answered. Gine sighed. She knew he was right. "When will dinner be ready?", the male Saiyan wanted to know. "I thought it would be finished by the time you come home, but I guess you have to wait a little longer.", the black haired woman said. "Alright. I'm going to take a shower in the meantime". Gine nodded and started to cut the vegetables.

Bardock had his eyes closed as the hot shower-water was running down his body. He felt drained both mentally and physically. How long will he be able to still work for this tyrant? He was well aware that Frieza used the Saiyans only as his tools - and nobody was able to stop him. Getting a reward was something that he could only dream of. Bardock hissed in a sharpbreath of pain as he turned around and the water poured on the fresh scratch on his ribs. He grabbed the shampoo and started to wash his hair. The smell of the blood of the inhabitants, who pleaded for their lives completely in vain, laid under his nose. Suddenly he felt something that he had never thought he would be able to feel - guilt. Yes, he felt guilty. Guilty for taking so much lives. But that was the price he had to pay to keep his loved one safe.

"Gine.", he whispered, looking at his hand. "Forgive me for what I've done and still have to do. I know you can't stand it when others have to suffer. But I have to do this... in order to keep you save".

After Bardock was feeling clean enough he stepped out of the shower and took a towel to dry himself. Then he picked up a pair of fresh clothes and got dressed. He went back to the kitchen were the food was already set up on the table.

"Perfect timing!", Gine said and removed her cooking apron before taking a seat. Her husband sat down too and eyed the food in front of him. "Everything looks so good!", "Thank you. I hope it taste as good as it looks.", the female Saiyan hoped. Bardock didn't wasted any more time and took a bite. "It's excellent.", he answered a few minutes later. Gine smiled brightly. Bardock wasn't someone who made a lot of compliments but when he does every little now and then, her heart was filled with joy. Altough Bardock would never admit it out loud, seeing his lady happy was better than any other feeling in the world. And one thing he knew for sure; He would do anything to protect the smile he loved so much, even if this means he has to work under Frieza's cruelty for the rest of his life.