||Chapter 18||

A/N: Bear with me here, I do not know how elves deal with funerals so I kinda made one that would kinda fit the story(?) sorry if the scene does not match the one in the book/movies.

(y/n)'s Pov

The sky was a dull gray as you walked beside your father, infront of you was your mother, laid on a bed of her favourite flowers, lilies.

She was being carried by her most loyal soldiers, the five of them holding back tears as they marched on, holding the wooden bed steadily on their grasps.

You looked over at your mother's face, her pale complexion, her painted lips, her hair was spread neatly around her, she simply looked like she was asleep.

You wished she was asleep. You turned to your father, he seemed quieter than normal, small streaks of tears went cascading down his cheeks.

And you could only imagine how much more of a wreck you looked at the moment, your hair was pulled out of it's normal braid, eyes red from crying, large droplets of tears spilling every few seconds.

A hand on your shoulder made you jump, you turned and saw Legolas, holding out a handkerchief, you took it and gently wiped your tears away.

They finally stopped marching and lowered your mother's body on the water, she was to be sent of to the undying lands.

Your father stood beside you, holding you close as you watched your mother's figure get farther away, most of the elves have left back to their homes, including Legolas and Thranduil.

"Navaer naneth, hodo vae.."(Farewell mother, rest well..)

You slipped out of your father's arms, you figured he needed some time alone, you turned and started your way back to the palace when you noticed a certain figure, leaning against a tree.

"Legolas.." You mumbled, he perked up at this and turned to you, giving you a sympathetic smile.

You said nothing as you wrapped your arms around him, he pulled you to his chest tighter as fresh tears spillied from your eyes.

Her scooped you into his arms and started to make his way back to tje palace, he quickly made it inside your room and shut the door before setting your exhausted form down on the bed.

You pulled on his sleeve and he nodded, wordlessly laying down next to you amd holding you close, fingers running through your hair and making you feel at ease.

"I'm sorry.." You croaked out, your voice hoarse from the lack of use, "You don't need to be." Legolas replied, smiling down at you gently.

"You will be fine melleth, you are one of the strongest elves I know." He kissed your forehead, your eyes were half lidded as you leaned onto him unconsciously.

"Get some rest melleth nin." You hear him whisper, you nodded and leaned your head on his chest, letting his heartbeat lull you to sleep.

~•~

Weeks have gone by since the funeral, and you are finally coming to terms with the fact that your mother has passed.

But there are still days where you would relapse, this day was one of them.

You awoke in a dark room, all alone as rain pelted against your window, "Legolas..?" you called out, hoping that he was somewhere nearby.

Silence.

You sighed and nuzzled back into the blanket, pulling it closer to your cold body, you wiped away the bit of tears that slipped out your puffy eyes.

You felt empty, it was a formidable feeling and you hated it, you felt as though you couldn't go back to your normally exuberant self.

It was suffocating.

What if you hadn't gone with Legolas to the cabin? Could you have prevented this?

What if you had just agreed to the marriage in the first place?

What if you had forced your way back to be a soldier?

What if you took her place instead?

Then your father wouldn't suffer. Your mother would pass in her own time and Legolas..

Legolas..

What would he think if he knew you were thinking like this?

What if he doesn't really want to marry you?

What if he is doing this just because he was supposed to?

What if all the words that spilled from his lips are lies to lure you in?

But what if he really does love you?

That small voice in the back of your mind whispered.

The door opened and Legolas stepped in, holding a tray with food aligned on top. "(y/n).." he mumbled, seeing your disheveled self.

He gently placed the tray down on a desk and sat next to you on the bed, holding you close, "Thank you for staying by my side.." you mumbled softly, more tears cascading down your cheeks, you felt him stiffen at your sudden confession but soon relaxed.

"Of course, Le melin." He pulled away from the embrace and kissed your tears.

"How do you know if it's love?" you asked.

"For me, it is when I feel something so deeply, there are no words to explain it." He replied.

You sniffled and pulled the blanket closer.

"You want to know why I love you?" He suddenly asked.

You looked up at him curiously, "Why?"

"Because you are you, and when I'm with you everything feels a million times better, just the thought of you could bring a smile to my face, even on my darkest days. I love you because you have showed me that not only can you be gentle and kind, you are also strong and independant. I could go on and on about why I love you to the moon and back. But in the end it won't matter, why? Because in the end I'll still love you all the same."

~•~

So sorry if you thought this was a bad chapter!! Honestly I had a different scene but I just went with this one because I don't know how to make sad scenes lmao, anyway I am so happy that this story has reached over 12k! Like what?! I hope you guys will stick with me to the end!! Vote and Comment!