||Chapter 17||

Third Person Pov

"Firo, ulunn!(Die, hideous creature!)" Your mother yelled, driving her sword through the head of another orc, your father was right behind her, slicing one orc head after another.

"They just keep coming!" Your father shouted, mercilessly stabbing through an orc's skull, black blood staining his sword and armor.

"Our soldiers can pull through this meleth nin(my love) we just a little more ti—" Your mother cut herself off with an agonized scream as she fell to the ground.

Her hand reached to her abdomen where the arrow had struck and looked up at your father in shock.

Your father turned to her and gasped, quickly scooping her up in his arms he ran back to the base, the battle was ending and it was already clear that they were victorious.

But your father couldn't feel that at the moment, he was trying so desperately to save your mother's life.

"Boe enni nestron!(I need a healer!)" He yelled out, elves immediately came to his side and made quick work.

But the poision was already far too deep in her system, there was nothing more they could do but spare her a few more minutes of life.

The healers bowed in respect and quietly left the tent to give the two elves some privacy.

Your mother was slowly slipping away, every breath she took became more ragged and your father wept as he held her hand.

"Hervenn nín(My husband), please cry not for me." She croaked, her voice meek and strained.

Your father placed a gentle hand on her cheek and bit his lip as she leaned into his warm touch, such a beautiful being as her did not deserve to be in death's arms.

"How can I not? My love is dying in my arms and there is nothing I could do." He sobbed out, your mother's heart broke at the sight.

Your father held her in his arms as he rocked them back and forth, and with a shaky breath he whispered to her,

"Le melithon anuir, meleth nín..(I will love you forever, my love.)" She smiled and softly kissed him with everything she had left.

"Le melin.." She whispered back.

Only the cries of a heartbroken elf could be heard.

~•~

(y/n)'s pov

You and Legolas rode down the peaceful road and there in the distance you could already see the gates that lead inside the palace.

You grew confused as an army of elves slowly made their way in, all looking sullen and it was quiet.

"Look, those soldiers come from both our kingdoms, they must be back from battle." Legolas deduced, you looked around hoping to spot anyone familiar.

Then you saw your father, a bright smile formed on your lips as you galloped your horse a bit faster than Legolas, excited to finally see your parents.

"(y/n)! Wait!" Legolas called out, worry and shock lacing his voice.

You ignored him, but as you got closer to your father you wish you hadn't, there in his arms was your mother.

Pale, wounded, bloody, and dead.

Your father stopped his horse and got down, he kneeled down and set your mother's corpse slowly on the ground.

"Ada.." You whispered, getting off your horse and approaching your father's slumped form.

Tears ran down your face as you put a hand over your mouth, your eyes wide in shock.

"N-Nana?" You called out, like how a small child would when missing their mother.

"There.. There was nothing they could do my dear." Your father said softly, fresh tears falling from his eyes.

"Ú(no) naneth can't be dead, right ada?" You questioned in disbelief, looking up at your father with pleading eyes.

Legolas kneeled down behind you, embracing you in his arms, "No this is just another one of Nana's pranks!" you cried, taking a hold of your mother's hand.

"Nana, it's not funny anymore.. Please wake up.. Nana? Nana please.." You sobbed out, your mind and heart were racing as you tried your best to grasp the reality of the situation.

Your mother was dead, she had already passed on.

"Why didn't you save her?" you asked your father, glaring at him.

He knew you were going through the stages of grief, he had already started to accepted his wife's passing, he knew it was what she wanted him to do.

And even if it kills him, he would stay by your side for your sake. You were still young, and now he was the only one left to teach you what you needed to know.

"The poison was too deep in my darling. She was in pain." You cried harder at this, knowing he was right.

Legolas let you go and your father was by your side in an instant, pulling you in his arms and whispering comforting words.

Legolas quietly asked for several guards to take your mother's body inside and left you and your father alone.

Once you have calmed down enough he started running his hands through your hair, like how your mother always used to do.

"I know we'll both miss your mother very much, but we will join her in our own time." Your father croaked out.

You nodded, your voice barely above a whisper as you talked, "Nana.."

Your father helped you up and led you to your room, then left to make plans for the funeral.

Your room seemed darker than before, and as if nature heard your cries it had started to rain, the soft pitter patter hitting the against your windowpane.

You laid on your bed, numb and feeling void of all emotion, you curled up and let sleep take over your tired self.

~•~

Holy heck??? We already reached 11k??? Whaaat???? Confused?? You like this story?? I am soooo happy??? I dunno how to feel??? Send halp??