twenty-seven

Jennie knew that she wanted to look special for her six month anniversary date with Jisoo. She had already picked out a gift – an antique necklace that she found in a small shop right next to her physical therapy session. She felt like it was kismet when she saw it. She was grumpily waiting for Lisa to come pick her up when she decided to just help pass the time by entering the jewelry store. She noticed the case of antique jewelry and her eye was immediately drawn to the necklace. It was a small single ruby surrounded by very small diamonds all set in silver on a silver chain. It was a very simple piece but for some reason it just made her think of Jisoo. It looked like it belonged on an old soul. She bought it on the spot and had been holding it for almost two months.

She and Jisoo discussed what they wanted to do for their anniversary and had settled on taking a drive up the coast to a restaurant that overlooked the water. They would stay at a bed and breakfast right next door for the night. Jennie was working double time with her therapist to make sure that she would be able to surprise Jisoo by walking without her cane. The only problem was that she was totally stuck on what to wear. She couldn't wear heels and every dress she tried on looked terrible with flats. Finally, she decided she needed help so she picked up her phone and sent out a text.

Jennie: need fashion help

Chaeyoung: Odd request, but ok. What's up?

Jennie: Lunch?

Chaeyoung: Can you come to YG-Corp?

Jennie: Sure, time?

Chaeyoung: Noon, I'll order the food, just come up to my office

Jennie arrived at noon and Joy led her into Chaeyoung's office. Chaeyoung had some grilled chicken and salad waiting for them.

"I didn't mean you had to buy me lunch, too," Jennie said, "I could have taken care of that."

"It's just from the café downstairs," Chaeyoung answered, "no big deal. It's what I eat most days. So what's going on?"

They settled at the small table in the office and started eating.

"So, you know in a couple of weeks it's me and Jisoo's six month anniversary," Jennie said and Chaeyoung nodded, "We are going up the coast to stay overnight and eating at a really nice restaurant."

"That sounds perfect," Chaeyoung said.

"Yeah, and I'm going to surprise her," Jennie added, "my physical therapist says that I can stop using the cane by that weekend."

"Oh, Jennie, that's wonderful!" Chaeyoung said, "you better be ready for the tears to flow."

"Really, I might need a canoe for both of us," Jennie said and they both laughed, "But here's my problem – I tried on every dress I own and they all look terrible with flat shoes. I'm at a loss."

"Ok, this I can fix easily if you are ready to step out of your comfort zone just a bit?" Chaeyoung said. "Are you pretty available during your lunch hour?"

"Sure, that works," Jennie said, "What are you thinking?"

She walked over to her phone and buzzed Joy. "Joy, I need you to make an appointment with Jacques for me, tomorrow or the next day at lunchtime if he is available."

"I'm going to have someone make something perfect for you," Chaeyoung said, "I know just what I have in mind."

"Chaeyoung, I can't afford something custom made," Jennie said, "I just wanted some advice!"

"Consider this my six month anniversary gift to Jisoo," Chaeyoung said, "And I don't want to hear another word about it. I know exactly what is going to drive her crazy and you are going to look great. Plus this is super fun for me. Just promise you'll trust me."