ten

Jisoo answered her apartment door in her bathrobe. She had her makeup nearly done but she had pulled out about 20 different outfits and she still hadn't been able to pick one. She also couldn't decide whether to wear her hair up or down.

"Chaeyoung, thank god," Jisoo said, "I am flipping out a little bit over here."

Chaeyoung walked into the apartment laughing at Jisoo's nervousness.

"Good lord, Jisoo," Chaeyoung said, "there is nothing to be this worked up about. I can't remember the last time I saw you this flustered."

"I just can't stop thinking about how much I like Jennie and I don't want to screw this up," Jisoo said, "you know when I get nervous I tend to talk to fast and throw in a bunch of cursing. I don't want to come off as some sort of idiotic floozy."

"Ok, stop it," Chaeyoung said, "now you're just being ridiculous." Chaeyoung looked over and realized that Jisoo was missing her usual confidence. She really looked quite vulnerable. Chaeyoung walked over and pulled Jisoo into a hug.

"You're really falling for her," Chaeyoung said softly.

"It seems like it's happening too fast," Jisoo said, "but I've never felt this way. It scares me a little bit."

"Yeah, but it's a good kind of scary," Chaeyoung said, "Embrace it. And tonight remember who you are. You are a strong, educated, beautiful woman. You are the CFO of a company. You are the best friend I could ever ask for. You deserve all the happiness in the world. Jennie's parents are going to love you."

"That was a pretty strong pep talk, Chaeyoung," Jisoo said smiling, "you should coach little girls soccer."

"And there's the horse's ass I know and love," Chaeyoung said. "Let's go check out the clothing choices."

Jisoo had laid out a few outfits on the bed. She went into the bathroom to finish her makeup and her hair while Chaeyoung looked through the clothes.

"You think I should straighten my hair or curl the ends?" Jisoo called out.

"Soft curls on the ends for sure," Chaeyoung answered, walking into the bathroom. She opened up Jisoo's makeup drawer and opened up a few different lipstick colors before deciding on a color and leaving it on the counter. "And use this."

Jisoo walked out when she was satisfied with her hair and makeup. Chaeyoung had put all of the clothes she pulled out earlier away and left just one outfit. It was a fit and flare dress made from a fabric patterned in a blue and dark grey weave. Chaeyoung had placed ankle high black boots with thin heels and pointed toes next to the dress along with a black beaded clutch. Jisoo put on the outfit and checked herself out in the mirror before heading out into the den.

"Wow, Jisoo," Chaeyoung said, "You look like the sexy girl next door. It's a perfect meet the parents look. Do you feel comfortable?"

"I do," Jisoo said, "Thanks for coming by to help."

There was a knock on the door. Chaeyoung opened it and laughed as Jennie was already leaning in for a hug. Jennie had to grab onto the door jamb to keep from falling into Chaeyoung.

"Oh geez, Chaeyoung," Jennie said laughing, "I thought Jisoo would be opening the door. I almost molested you."

Chaeyoung laughed, "I was just leaving. You are free to molest Jisoo as soon as I go. You guys have a good night."

•••

Jennie held Jisoo's hand as they walked into the restaurant. She could feel Jisoo's nervousness despite her attempts to downplay the dinner. She immediately noticed Lisa was in the dining room laughing with her parents. As they approached the table Jennie and Lisa hugged one another. Jennie's parents stood to greet them.