four

Jisoo walked into the restaurant and scanned the area.  She spotted Jennie waving to her from a booth toward the back.  She was immediately taken in by Jennie's looks again.  Jennie managed to make a plain silky blouse look unbelievably sexy.  There was no denying the physical attraction that she had toward this woman.  Jisoo walked up and slid into the booth across from Jennie.

"Hey, there," Jennie said, "did you find your way easily enough?"

"Yep, just Ubered over here, no problem," Jisoo answered.

"We really could have met somewhere closer to your place," Jennie said.

"No, this is great," Jisoo answered, "when I moved to Seoul I just got a place close to Chaeyoung and the office.  I love the area but I never really venture out.  I'm glad to try a new place."

Jisoo looked around and noticed that many of the couples in the restaurant were same sex.  The neighborhood that Jennie picked for dinner was known to be very gay friendly.  Jisoo really didn't get to this part of town very often but it was a very comfortable setting.  She decided that even if things didn't work out with Jennie, she should start branching out more.

"So, I have to say Jennie," Jisoo said, "I was pretty impressed that you just asked me out on Sunday.  I really liked not having to wait around and wonder if I was going to be the one to put myself out there."

Jennie was blushing furiously as the waiter came to the table.  Jisoo could have sworn that she heard Jennie mumble 'Thank god' under her breath as he approached.

"Jisoo, what would you like?" Jennie asked.

"I'll take a Hendrick's martini dirty with an olive," Jisoo said.

"Buffalo Trace with a splash of water, neat," Jennie said.

"So, did I say something to make you nervous?" Jisoo asked.

Jennie shook her head and grinned, "The truth is that Sunday morning at brunch I was going on and on about how I wanted to text you but I didn't know what to say and Lisa was kind of egging me on, so I opened up my phone but I was still waffling and Dara sort of grabbed my phone..."

Much to Jennie's relief, Jisoo was laughing, "So Dara really asked me out."

"Yep, pretty much," Jennie said, still blushing, "I saw the three little dots coming up as you were responding and I nearly had a coronary.  Then you said yes and I had to hear it from Dara the rest of the morning about how I needed to grow a set and act like an adult."

Both women were laughing as the drinks arrived at the table.

"You seemed pretty sure of yourself at Gureum," Jisoo said.

"Yeah, the wine might have helped with that," Jennie answered.

"Well," Jisoo said lifting her glass, "Here's to Dara.  If not for him, we might both be home tonight wondering if we should text each other."

They both laughed as they clinked their glasses together.

"Hey, did you know my sister had dinner with Chaeyoung last night?" Jennie asked.

Jisoo nearly spit her drink out.

"No, what the heck?" Jisoo said, "I can't believe Chaeyoung went on a date and didn't tell me.  She hasn't been on a date forever.  Oh God, don't tell your sister I said that."

"It wasn't a date, Jisoo," Jennie said, "Lisa was closing up the restaurant right as Chaeyoung was walking home and they bumped into each other and decided to grab dinner.  Also, Lisa's straight.  At least I think she's straight.  I honestly don't know anything about her dating life except that she dated one guy who turned out to be awful."