Chapter 21| Ri and Zerø

Start from the beginning

"THEY AIN'T FUCKING SCARED!!"

"Awwww, Akari-Chan you only got one?" Urakaka sighed, patting my shoulder.

"Eh, didn't expect anything really. I mean, who would recruit a villain, right?" I chuckled, making the situation so it wasn't so "sad".

"Poor Akari-Chan, she must have been letted down so many times she's just to it...I'll make sure she at least have more choices!" Her face told me, as she tighten her hand into a fist.

"Either way, whether if you got votes or not. All of you are getting something called a 'Work Place experience'. Some of you already have a an idea, while other don't. So placeholder names are fine, as long as they're appropriate-" Aizawa started, I could tell by his eyes were screaming sleep.

"Or else it would be hell! The names you choose now are the names you all are going to be known as to the world! So choose wisely!" Kayama/Midnight stepped into the room in her hero costume, pretty much taking Aizawa's place.

And so, the name choosing game began. And I was staring into space without a fucking clue on my name.

"If I ever become a hero, I'm going to be the Hero from the Moon, Artemis!" My sister's words echoed throughout my head, bouncing from corner to corner.

"I would be Flame Eater!" Taki's voice said.

"Welll...If I became a hero...I....want to be known as Koreijo! Never more in English!" Senri shouted in my mind.

As each person presented their names, they seemed to each have a backstory to it. Relating it to their quirk or appearance, like Mina, Jirou, Kaminari and Tsuyu, or represented a hero, like Eji.

Or some were just stupid and ridiculous.

"King of Explodo-kills."

"PFFFFT...AHAHAHAHAHA!!" I bursted out laughing at the ridiculous name, almost crying at how hard I laughed.

"SHUT THE HELL UP SHORTIE!!"
——

"All that's left is Bakugou, who is revising his, Iida and Midoriya."

I looked over to Iida, his hand that held the board was trembling a bit. Was his family issue that bad? It can't be fucking worse than mine. Mines fucked up...

"Iida? Your actual name too?"

He nodded.

Izu went up next, I caught a small glimpse of his board as he passed me. He looked at me as he stood up facing he class, letting his emerald eyes meeting my dull (E/C) ones. I gave him a small reassuring smile, and mouthed him, the stage's all yours.

He turned his board to us.

Deku.

"Whaa? Are sure with that name, Midoriya?" Somebody asked.

"Y-yeah. For a long time, I didn't really like it. But a certain somebody turned the meaning of the word, and blew my world away. I...I was so happy. Deku, would be my hero name." Izu explained, and I knew who the person was. Urakaka. I ship it.

Behind me, I could literally sense Katsu glaring at Izu. Then, my gears clicked into place. I wrote it down.

"Good job! Now, Ak-Kageko! Show us what you got!" Kayama smiled at me and winked.

I took in a deep breath, and walked right up like nobody's business.

"So um...as you all know, I'm a former villain. I went by a name that...had a really twisted meaning behind it. It described me. Ruthless, cold-hearted, empty, nothingness. Zero. Nothing.

But...I also went by another name when I wasn't...uh...sending people to their graves. It's a nickname I had since a child. Ri, to me, it meant a lot of happy things.'A lot of my closest...friends and family called me that. 'Till this day, I'm still known that around them.

I have been told that you can't escape your past, which is a huge bummer. So why not take 'Zero' the villain me and 'Ri' the child me, together to become something they both wanted to be once upon a time?" I flipped the board around to the class.

"Ri-Zerø is going to be my hero name."

Call me crazy, but Katsu was smiling. Smiling. I saw Izu smiling at me too. Although my eyes darted back to Katsu's crimson ones, I blinked a few times. He was smiling.

I felt myself burning, burning and burning up. The hell is wrong with me?
——
(A/N) Enjoying this? Vote and share with your friends! Also, I made another book! It's called Agathological and it's a Tokyo Ghoul fanfic ^^
It's on my profile!