Imperfect AU

'Narrator pov.'
No one quite understood what made White do it. Have a child with a human. Even having a geode with a high class gem would have been beneath their head matriarch, but a mere organic? At least half the court fainted when the girl was presented after her birth. White's Pearl was more or less released from her control, still drained of color but able to do as she pleased. Well, as much as a Pearl can, that is. White had painstakingly researched proper human names, and had decided on one that seemed to fit her perfect view of Homeworld. Luna. Simple and elegant. The perfect name for a young Diamond half breed. Pink had been beside herself, that White was gone because she insisted on her sisters mingling with the natives of her first colony. Blue and Yellow refused to see the girl after her birth. The girl had a strange tendency to collect...off colors. Her tutor was a large Fluorite fusion that rarely showed herself in court, lest the normal court members feel disgust. The twins of Rutile were a sort of guard, along with a shy Rhodonite that only seemed brave when her former Morganite visited the White Court. Then, her eyes filled with defiance and she smiled harshly down at the gem from her spot next to the young Diamond. And then no one had actually seen her Padparadscha, except for the guards that sometimes stood at her door as she slept. The small gem told stories, sometimes dating back to the beginning of the empire. When they were created by...organics. As the girl grew older, the only Diamond she ever laid eyes on was Pink, and even then it was only to watch and listen to the older Diamond beg her to turn back to White. Those visits always made her chest ache. So why then, were the three proper Diamonds coming to her court?

"Why does she want to see us? Do you think she needs a new Pearl? I told White she needed a new one before her...daughter...was born." Blue whispers as they approach the tall white spire. For a while the girl had lived in White's ship, but you can't really raise a child there.

"Maybe she has questions about a colony." Yellow mumbles with an eye roll.

"Maybe she remembers?" Pink whispers. Her Pearl flinches and gazes up at her Diamond. They come to the doors and Opal guards gives them a cool look as they uncross their spears. The doors slowly open and the twins of Rutile await them.

"Her radiance no longer requires your presence."

"Since you could not be bothered to answer the summons of another Diamond when she needed you, the problem is being resolved by her personal court." One says after the other. They even dare to give the Diamonds a small glare. The Rhodonite watches from around a corner nervously as the Diamonds stare down at the twins in shock.

"We came as soon as we could!" Pink argues.

"We needed you to come when we called you. Now it's too late and she's too upset to calm down. Since you insisted on sending Fluorite away to study under Peridots, no one here can properly calm our radiant Diamond." The left twin says with a tired look.

"What's wrong with her?" Blue demands.

"You'd know if you ever bothered visiting." The right twin says quietly. Blue deflates and Yellow sneers down at them.

"Enough! We're seeing the girl. Come along Pearl." She scoffs as she steps over the twins and walks down the hall. Rhodonite squeals and darts toward White's throne room. Watching the Bismuths resize nearly the whole spire had been unsettling. As they near the room the sound of sobs echoes through the air. A few gems are standing near the entrance to the throne room nervously as they gaze inside.

"How is she?" The Rutile twins ask a Peridot as they scramble in front of the Diamonds.

"Off Color." The Peridot shudders as she pulls away from the doorway. She sees the Diamonds and squeaks. Blue walks in front of the others as she enters the room. The sight of the teenage girl has her stomach turning. There are blue splotches on her pale human skin and she's curled into a ball on the floor. Her spiked white hair is in disarray as her Pearl tries to comfort her quietly. An Amethyst is awkwardly hugging her even though her eyes are flickering white and the color keeps leaching from her arms before reappearing. Pink whirls around to hide her eyes from the sight and her Pearl does the same. White's Pearl turns to them and gazes at them with a cracked eye.

"Move." Blue tells the gems before scooping up the small organic.

"What's wrong with her?" Yellow demands.

"The stress of being a Diamond falls hard on her shoulders. We would do more but I am only a Pearl and the others are unsure of how to help her." The Pearl says regretfully as she clasps her hands in front of her chest.

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I'm trying but I'm not perfect!" Luna sobs. Blue stares as her skin mimics the color of her own for a brief moment.

"Shh. Hush. It's alright." Blue whispers as she strokes the girl's head. Dark eyes gaze up at her and Blue's heart clenches.

"I'm not her. I'm trying but I'm not. I don't know how she did all this." Luna murmurs as she waves her arm at the room.

"She didn't do it alone. I'm so sorry. We should have been helping you." Blue whispers as she nuzzles the girl softly.

"I'm sorry too!" Pink says as she floats up to Blue's height. Yellow nods with a regretful look.

"I just wish I could have met her." Luna whispers.

"No you don't." Yellow sighs. Blue gives her a warning look but she shakes her head.

"White wasn't perfect. Everyone...everyone was miserable to be in her court. Everyone was miserable to be part of our empire. White...she expected too much of us. You expect too little. We should have been here for you but we were afraid you'd be just like her." Yellow sighs as she turns to the gems at the door. Luna turns her eyes on them and they hesitate before nodding.

"You're wonderful your radiance!"

"I've been so happy since you were born!"

"We can be together because of you!"

"I have free will because of you." Her own Pearl says with a smile.

"But...but she was perfect." Luna says.

"I'll prove that you're better! Before I could never...I couldn't...oh, just come here!" Pink squeals as she picks up her pearl. The small gem places a hand to the gem on her forehead with an embarrassed look before nodding. They begin to glow and a smiling fusion takes their place.

"Ahaha I'm back in business!" The fusion crows happily. Those gathered stare at her with dropped jaws.

"We can fuse with our Pearls?!" Yellow shouts as she stares down at her own Pearl. The small gem blushes and smiles.

"Have we proved our point?" Blue asks Luna gently.

"I'm pretty sure they're just making out inside of their fusion." Luna giggles as Rainbow Quartz stares at them excitedly. Rainbow giggles as her lower eyes widen in mortification.

"Pearl says they're not!" She replies with a wide grin. Blue's eyes drift down to Blue Pearl. The gem is staring at her hopefully.

"I think it's time to begin Era 3." Yellow hums as her gaze burns into her Pearl.

"Can we have a ball?" Rainbow asks with a smile.

"A ball...with dancing. Diamonds dancing." Blue hums as she gives her Pearl a meaningful look. Luna's skin turns back to normal and she smiles.

"I love dancing."